Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times

Advertisements

The first time I saw one of those sandwiches...I kinda got a little scared. I couldnt eat or even try it. It looks like a Homer Simpson sandwich all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:16 PM

366 posts, read 943,867 times
Double Egg & Cheese FTW! Curse the haters

Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 AM

85 posts, read 519,834 times
That's why it didn't taste right, you ate in Cranberry!

The best ones are at the original one in The Strip. The grills have years of food cooked into them.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:55 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,156 times
I'm not crazy about Primanti's either. I like cole slaw, but on sandwiches? Yuck!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 PM

135 posts, read 387,150 times
Actually it still tastes good ,you just can't taste it anymore ,after years of drinking bitter cheap coffee,smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol on a regular basis you pretty much alter the way you taste things forever ,you will never taste anything like it was when your a kid ,because you on your own destroyed the ability to taste them the same way anymore ,unless they have alot of flavoring ,sodium , seasonings or spices .
It's a shame how some people don't know what they are doing when they go and drink coffee constantly ,smoke ,or go drinking regulary what they are losing .
I was at Primanti's last fall and it was one of the best tasting sandwiches(ham and cheese) I have had in a long while ,hell even here different restaurants try to imitate their sandwich and they are not the same .
The Primanti sandwich is real working mans sandwich not for posers or wanna-bes.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,370,444 times
^^^ My taste buds work perfectly fine. Primanti's makes a bland, tasteless sandwich. McDonald's is better.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM

8 posts, read 24,676 times
How can you be from Pittsburgh and not like Primanti's. Its the embodiment of everything Pittsburgh is. It was a sandwich designed for the working folk when they got out of the mill and needed something that covered all the aspects of a meal. Thus they made a sandwich with everything on it. The Strips and Market Square's are the BEST. The new suburban ones you can't even compare cause they're commercialized. It is the best drunk food and if you need more flavor, thats why they made condiments. No one can comment on the sandwich if they never had it. Just give it a try. BTW, as far as hotdog's go, the dirty O is not that great. If you want great hotdogs, go to one of the many Brighton Hotdog Shoppes.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:56 PM

158 posts, read 526,962 times
i agree that you can't hate Primanti's if you are from the 'burgh, or call it home. I remember going to the original in the strip as a drunk, underage guy in the early 90s. It kicked ass.

And you know what? It sucks. Reallly, it's bland. It sucks. I don't know if something changed or you had to be hungry and drunk or what, but it sucks.

I still eat there. Because it's Primanti's.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:55 AM

74 posts, read 219,209 times
It was actually a resteraunt for the Strip District workers, who worked all night. Tony at the Strip has served my family for about 30 years. This was originally not a hot spot, but a place for the strip workers to get a quick bite to eat. And I love it still!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:14 AM

299 posts, read 1,008,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Primanti's makes a bland, tasteless sandwich. McDonald's is better.
I wouldn't go that far ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh