Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 AM

645 posts, read 1,538,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
I haven't been there in a long time but I can't remember them ever carrying what you mentioned.
Agreed.

I was there a few months back looking for a replacement spigot valve stem, and was told their plumbing items consist of odds-n-ends of small parts/tools that trickle in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 AM

192 posts, read 594,779 times
If you're not wanting to spend serious bucks at Lowe's or Home Depot for bathroom stuff, you may want to check the Habitat for Humanity store. I just checked, here's an address: http://eventful.com/newkensington/ve...01-001012354-9

When we were in Texas, we got some really nice tile and light fixtures there. If they have extras for what they use to build the house, they can sell them, then put the proceeds back into helping the needy folks build their houses. I like knowing I'm supporting a worthy cause, and the prices are good. Obviously, the selection isn't going to be as good as HD or Lowe's, but if you're not super picky, you might find something you like!

Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 9,705 times
We have been using Lowes and Home Depot. We just bought a shower base and tile supplies from Lowes (I bought the base online and had it shipped to the store). I also learned that Lowes has 'Oops' paints for cheap. I got a whole gallon of Behr paint for $5 because somebody had the color custom made and didn't like it! I have driven past Style-Rite many times but never stopped. Thanks for the tip! I also discovered this place called 'Construction Junction' in Wilkinsburg. It is similar to a Goodwill for construction supplies. They have a ton of nice stuff and its recycling so its good for the environment. Check them out online. Thanks for your help!

Old 09-05-2009, 03:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kghedpe11 View Post
I also discovered this place called 'Construction Junction' in Wilkinsburg. It is similar to a Goodwill for construction supplies. They have a ton of nice stuff and its recycling so its good for the environment. Check them out online. Thanks for your help!
Construction Junction is totally cool!

I haven't been there in a few years, but I found some great deals there. When you're in the market for something specific, you'll find it there eventually if you go often enough. It's a great place to find an interior door to match the other interior doors even if your house is 100 years old.

I've also snatched up new items dirt cheap. Contractors donate their over orders or any materials they get stuck with. Once there was two new solid staircases taking up a massive amount of space. I bought a new picture window set for only $150. They were top quality.

Sadly, I've never seen new kitchen cabinets there, only old. I'm planning to remodel my kitchen, and I'm looking for alternatives to Lowes and Home Depot. I understand that it takes months to get a cabinet order. They hold the orders to buy in bulk, but the prices don't reflect their savings onto the buyer.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
do they carry closet organizers

Old 05-17-2010, 11:55 AM

246 posts, read 498,222 times
This is a wee bit off topic, but can anyone explain why it's called "380 Auction"? I'm curious as to what the significance of the numbers is.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
^^^ Route 380

Old 05-18-2010, 09:11 AM

246 posts, read 498,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
^^^ Route 380
Oops...guess you can tell I'm not from Pittsburgh!

Thanks for the education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh