U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,975,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
An American liberal is more conservative than most conservatives in the western world.
You're obviously a radical who hates America, and probably a muslim to boot.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 PM

23 posts, read 36,435 times
Straight Republican ticket. Somebody's got to represent.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,292,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staash View Post
As pathetic as the Bush administration has been, I personally would greatly prefer that to The Great Society part 2, which is exactly what will happen with an Obama victory. Do you really trust Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barney Frank with a carte blanche?
I see that McCain's most recent gimmick stuck with at least one person. What will be his final gimmick?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM

367 posts, read 562,479 times
I have a feeling that MANY are going to vote for Obama for one reason and one reason only..........he's a Democrat, period. I think there are SO MANY people who are so fed-up with Bush and the Republicans that they are going to vote Democrat because it's NOT a vote for a Republican.

If that is the case and the reason many will cast their vote that way, it is VERY scary. As I said earlier here, I truly feel this is a lose/lose election and McCain in this case is the LESSER of two evils. Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing. If the people put him in office they are going to get just what they asked for and I fear it won't be pretty for the country. I don't like either one of these jokers but I will not help Obama get the nomination.

He looks good on the surface, he speaks well, he says what people want to hear. All you have to do is take the blinders off and do a little scratching below the surface and he goes from pretty to ugly real quick. If being well spoken, well dressed and looking Presidential is all it takes to win people over then he's your guy. He "looks" the part. Sadly this is ALL he brings to the table. He has ZERO credentials to be the next President..................ZERO.

Last edited by Heit; 10-30-2008 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM

67 posts, read 161,955 times
I was just reading through this thread and something caught my eye that I'd missed before--ExPit, you said that you were guessing up to 10% might vote for third-party candidates? I was wondering which you (or anyone) thought were going to get much support. From some conservative blogs I read I know the Constitution Party guy (I'm sorry--I forget his name) has drawn off some of the very conservative vote, and I just read an article about Bob Barr so he's sort of on my radar, but I can't imagine either of them will get all that many votes. Who else is running? Nader? The Green candidate?

Oh--Ron Paul? Maybe Ron Paul. Although I haven't heard nearly as much about him lately as I did in the spring.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM

I'm against stupid wars (not all wars), the drug war, the culture wars. I'm an absolutist with the Constitution, which includes a right to privacy which I take to include my own body. The bible is worthless to me and has no place in law, ever. That includes the second amendment. I also think affirmative action is a horrible idea.

I agree that many aspects of the federal government belong on the chopping block, but I'm most concerned with my rights. That makes me libertarian, even if i don't belong to the "Libertarian Party".

Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM

I heard Obama is thinking of a rally in Phoenix. If he did that, preferably on Monday to blunt the inevitable collective yawn that will greet the reintroduction of Rev. Wright, it would be politically the funniest thing to ever happen in my lifetime.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Yac

4,332 posts, read 3,673,315 times
People, please - do not feed the troll. Ignore and report, and he will be dealt with.
A troll posts idiotic and extremely biased statements on purpose, only to start a flame war. Responding to them only makes the troll post more.
Yac.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
People, please - do not feed the troll. Ignore and report, and he will be dealt with.
A troll posts idiotic and extremely biased statements on purpose, only to start a flame war. Responding to them only makes the troll post more.
Yac.

It never even occurred to me that it was a troll. I figured it was just another McCain voter. Thanks for putting all of my orphaned posts out of their misery.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,473,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post

It never even occurred to me that it was a troll. I figured it was just another McCain voter. Thanks for putting all of my orphaned posts out of their misery.
Hey man, you ain't alone. I don't always agree with everything you say, but your posts, to me, have always had the ring of integrity. Keep on brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh