U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 AM

3,134 posts, read 5,536,032 times
You can't turn off the TV after the game. There will be post-game shows to watch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM

824 posts, read 1,038,732 times
Five minutes after the game and the couches are ablaze in Oakland already!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:13 PM

2,197 posts, read 3,817,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
Ya, Oakland got a little crazy. The South Side though, other than being rawdy, has been well behaved.

P.S. Stay away from the Swissvale/Braddock area. Our fellow forumer scottpriester is running around in the streets in his pj's causing a ruckus. Lmao.

Last edited by dugdogmaster; 02-01-2009 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 PM

68,252 posts, read 56,586,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
That is a popular college student activity around here as well! Oh, to be young again!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM

Steelers Fans Pour Into Streets; Car Flipped, Couch Burned - Sports News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/18617955/detail.html - broken link)

Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 AM

1,437 posts, read 1,913,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
This may sound sacrilegious, but I think that Pittsburgh as whole identifies itself a bit too much with the Steelers. Before I tick anybody off, I played football and am a huge Steeler and football fan. I just keep it in perspective. I try not to let a Steeler loss ruin my day or week. Yes, I am disappointed, but I get over it very quickly.
What got me to thinking about this is the pending sale of the Steeler franchise. This is definetely worthy of top story news. However, it seems like even their outcome in pre-season games or any other story concerning the team or one it's players gets top billing.
The team is immensely popular because they have been so successful on the field and brought a lot of pride to this city in the 1970s, when all of the mills were closing, until today, in a revitalized city.
That brings me to my next point. In order to show the world that we are a city of culture, education, and technology, we need not emphasize our Steelers as the only great thing about Pittsburgh. This is what many people outside of Pittsburgh first think about when thinking about our city, i.e., the Steelers. Is that necessarily bad? Well, to me it is because the city is so much more and has grown up a lot and has re-created itself in the last thirty years. I respect any opinion. Go Steelers!

You get over it quickly? My man, you sure you're from the burgh? Be PROUD, be very PROUD! I'm stoned drunk right now, but NOBOBODY and I mean NOBODY can claim 6 Suber Bowl rings, EXCEPT the Pittsburgh STEELERS!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 AM

12,712 posts, read 9,823,392 times
Quote:
Be PROUD, be very PROUD!
I don't mean to harsh anyone's Super Bowl buzz (but this is the thread for it) but why should I be proud that a bunch of guys I've never met won a football game? It was a great, exciting game, and Super Bowl parties are always fun, but there's nothing for me, personally, to be proud of. That's the kind of perspective that we're talking about in this thread--it's just football.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 AM

1,437 posts, read 1,913,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't mean to harsh anyone's Super Bowl buzz (but this is the thread for it) but why should I be proud that a bunch of guys I've never met won a football game? It was a great, exciting game, and Super Bowl parties are always fun, but there's nothing for me, personally, to be proud of. That's the kind of perspective that we're talking about in this thread--it's just football.
?

Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 AM

More than 100 arrested in post-game celebrations

Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,756,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Ya, Oakland got a little crazy. The South Side though, other than being rawdy, has been well behaved.

P.S. Stay away from the Swissvale/Braddock area. Our fellow forumer scottpriester is running around in the streets in his pj's causing a ruckus. Lmao.
Yesterday I wore my Mean Joe Greene shirt all day; we went shopping at Giant Eagle at Waterworks, and every so often, I would simulate tackling my wife in the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh