Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,762,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
They are calling for 6-10 inches in the Y-town area by tomorrow night. Supposedly we're supposed to get an inch an hour tomorrow.
You'd better make a lot of french toast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,694,532 times
I'm stocking up on Beer and Ammo.....

Old 01-09-2009, 02:50 PM

540 posts, read 864,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
I'm stocking up on Beer and Ammo.....
That'll be a crunchy omelet.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,786,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
They are calling for 6-10 inches in the Y-town area by tomorrow night. Supposedly we're supposed to get an inch an hour tomorrow.
Fun, fun.....I can't wait. Not really, I'm ready for Summer already. Maybe I'll break out my skis and go cross country skiing in Buhl Park

Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,897,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Fun, fun.....I can't wait. Not really, I'm ready for Summer already. Maybe I'll break out my skis and go cross country skiing in Buhl Park
I love the snow........it's so much better than cold and rainy or just plain cold w/no snow. Winter with no snow is brown, gray and ugly.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 PM

570 posts, read 1,407,489 times
Awww shucks... anyone notice how the Nat Weather Service now thinks the snow will mix with sleet and rain in the afternoon for Pittsburgh and south. For once it would be nice to have ALL SNOW...

Saturday: Snow before noon, then mixing with and changing to freezing rain, and sleet. High near 30. East wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 PM

And at least one of the 11:00 weathercaster's in Pittsburgh has started to downsize the snowfall forecast. ( 2-4 inches by saturday eve ) Sure seems like a typical Pittsburgh forecasting pattern. Start big and end up tiny..

Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 AM

Default You had to know it would happen ! 1 inch for the Burgh

Actually pretty funny given all the hype and reaction yesterday and last night. Crazy at the super market and all the cancelled events for today. Well today's new grand total forecast for Pittsburgh tadaaaaaa = ONE INCH and that being sleet, freezing rain and just plain nasty garbage, as usual..
So yesterday afternoon the forecast went from what 4-8 inches, with one media outlet suggesting possible 10 inches, then 3-6 inches and boom 1 single inch this morning.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:18 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,676,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Actually pretty funny given all the hype and reaction yesterday and last night. Crazy at the super market and all the cancelled events for today. Well today's new grand total forecast for Pittsburgh tadaaaaaa = ONE INCH and that being sleet, freezing rain and just plain nasty garbage, as usual..
So yesterday afternoon the forecast went from what 4-8 inches, with one media outlet suggesting possible 10 inches, then 3-6 inches and boom 1 single inch this morning.
AND

it was clearly, clearly stated that it all depended on how far north the storm and cold air would go.

I get so tired of people like you who are always giving forecasters a bad name, when you don't repeat what they say correctly.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:23 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,762,626 times
I go to bed with hopes of waking up to a few inches of snow after watching all the news stations hype the storm, but wake up to a light coating and see that the winter storm warning was downgraded to an advisory, and all we may get a whole inch of snow.

I haven't lived long in the north, but did the weather forecasters always have this much difficulty with their predictions in the winter? Or have they gotten WORSE since the introduction of all the technology that they have now, like modern computer models and super duper doppler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh