U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2007, 06:14 PM

22 posts, read 77,685 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have been seeing many houses for sale in Plum Boro. Is there a reason for this? I know that some parts of Plum are not good, yet which ones?

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 06:24 PM

2,902 posts, read 7,044,412 times
Most of Plum Boro is good if you ask me unless I'm missing something. It's still fairly rural but it's always growing and continues to grow. In fact, many predict it will eventually be like a mini "Cranberry/Wexford" drawing what's left of Monroeville to Plum Boro. The school district is fairly good, too. In my opinion, it might really be something to check out, I've seen some really nice homes in Plum, old and new alike.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:45 PM

how far is the communte from Plum Boro to Downtown during rush hour?

Old 04-01-2007, 06:51 PM

2,902 posts, read 7,044,412 times
You can get to Pittsburgh from Plum several different ways. You can take some back roads, can get on the parkway and try your luck with the Sq. Hill tunnels, or you could get on Rt. 28 which is also not terribly far away.

I would think your best bet would be to head to Oakmont and head across the river to South 28. If you did this....... I truly couldn't imagine a commute of more than 30 minutes, but I COULD be wrong. Plum is a big place, one side is very close to Oakmont and the other isn't. Depends where your house resides.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:23 PM

9 posts, read 1,458 times
Plum Boro is an extention of Penn Hills and Monroeville. The houses look the same and the town has the same feel. Most of the homes there were built in the 60's and have old people living in them who want to move to Florida. That's why they are up for sale.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 PM

485 posts, read 921,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostinthemachine View Post
Plum Boro is an extention of Penn Hills and Monroeville. The houses look the same and the town has the same feel. Most of the homes there were built in the 60's and have old people living in them who want to move to Florida. That's why they are up for sale.
At first I thought I missed you. And then I changed my mind.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:40 PM

WHAT? Come on Bobby, I may be speaking in general terms but you can't sit there and actually deny what I said there! If you changed your mind about missing me, don't sweat it. I'll be banned from here in a couple of hours anyway.
Happy Easter!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 PM

153 posts, read 491,112 times
There has always been a lot of houses for sale in Plum.

Tell us where you know the bad areas are so we can learn something.

Plum is very large in area so commute time to downtown depends where you live. As boylocke said, taking shortcuts to Rt. 28 will likely be your best bet time wise.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:54 PM

Also, if u get off @ wilkinsburg before the tunnels, you can snake your way into Oakland and then downtown rather easily.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:50 PM

I just assumed that some parts were bad. Mistake on my part. I am not at all familiar with Pittsburgh and was wondering why there are so many houses on sale in Plum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh