Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 PM

51 posts, read 149,201 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Penn plaza apts at 5704 penn ave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taijamarie View Post
I live right around the corner from them. They look nice, but I think they are owned by Mozart, do some research on them. We looked at some of their properties before we moved. They had some pretty bad reviews. Also, Penn Avenue is the street I hate the most in the city. It is non stop busy and you will see the most crazy driving in city on this street.

EDIT.......

Actually I'm sorry, I was thinking of the wrong apartment complex. I live at Penn and Braddock, I was thinking of the apartments near me. Toosie is correct below, they are run down and in a bad area of East Liberty.

Last edited by TechieTransplant; 05-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Referred to wrong apartment complex

Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taijamarie View Post
I've never been in them but from the outside they look run down and I'm pretty sure they make the news now and then - fires, drug busts, nefarious activity. That's in a sort of dodgy part of East Liberty. There is a Home Depot and Trader Joes and a bus route or two but it's a poor area and poorly kept overall. Are you from Pittsburgh or maybe moving here or what is your interest in these apartments? Knowing that, we might be able to help you more.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I live right around the corner from them. They look nice, but I think they are owned by Mozart, do some research on them. We looked at some of their properties before we moved. They had some pretty bad reviews. Also, Penn Avenue is the street I hate the most in the city. It is non stop busy and you will see the most crazy driving in city on this street.
Ya I'd second that about Penn (besides a few yummy restaurants - speaking of which - there's a good jamaican place near home depot on a side street). Also, I've known several people who hated Mozart management. We saw a few of their properties and all were a little creepy - like checking into a hotel and just knowing the sheets hadn't been changed.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ya I'd second that about Penn (besides a few yummy restaurants - speaking of which - there's a good jamaican place near home depot on a side street). Also, I've known several people who hated Mozart management. We saw a few of their properties and all were a little creepy - like checking into a hotel and just knowing the sheets hadn't been changed.
Thanks for correcting me, I was thinking of the wrong end of Penn Avenue, near where I live on Penn and S Braddock.

Yeah those places are bad.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM

LG Realty Advisors owns the Penn Plaza Apartments. I am moving to pittsburgh for grad school (after alot of reorganizing of my life), so I will be in the area over the next few days looking for a place to stay. I read an article in the post-gazette that these apartments were rehabed. But I cant find any reviews about them and they have no pictures on their website.

Also I agree about Mozart, they showed me a filthy apt and that pretty much informed me of what type of company they were.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 PM

Tootsie
I hope you are not referring to the west indian restaurant on Broad Street. I didnt like it, I was disappointed because that was one of my first stops in pittsburgh and the trip wasnt worth me getting lost.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 PM

3,041 posts, read 4,998,632 times
I used to live a block away from there. Toothless hookers, cars rolling by at night real slowly, people asking for money with implied violence, etc. Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone, let alone a female.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:27 PM

I rolled by the penn plaza and I knew that they werent the right ones for me. Toosie you were right!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh