Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjd View Post
What is the big fascination with Gitmo? What is behind liberals pushing so hard to have these terrorists in the US? Have they never heard of abuse in American prisons??? Do they really think that correctional officers would treat these prisoners better than military police? I just don't understand why liberals are so into this. Is it all just about closing Gitmo so the rest of the world will think we're cool again? When the first terrorist gets stabbed 73 times in the shower while a guard purposely turns his back, which mid-level white house official will Obama throw under the bus to save his own behind?
Mattj, What makes these inmates any different than the ones who are already there getting sodomized, beat-down, and murdered on a daily basis? Don't be brainwashed into the Liberal vs Conservative crap, it is about some things that they (politicans) don't want the public to know (like they have made some mistakes in getting fake confessions or even that they have the wrong personin the first place)

Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
If there still is some question why I posted this on the city of Pittsburgh forum, here is the reason.

1. Pittsburgh has within it's city limits a State prison which could provide more jobs to the area if they decide to utilized it from the backlash for GITMO.

2. Pa as a state has a great number of prisons in general, and believe it or not many of the workers live in Pittsburgh, meaning they would be affected by GITMO detainees. Many of the guards and other state workers are friends of mine.

3. I live here and I want to know whatever the folks in Washington do how it affects me and my family.

I hope that this clears up any questions as to why I posted this question on this forum. Awesome.2000 I really don't take unnecessary personal attacks too well. I will apologize for stooping to your level.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:50 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
simetime,

For what it is worth, I don't have a problem with people posting things of national interest which might only have a tangential relationship to Pittsburgh. I could just see where the conversation between mattjd and myself was heading, and didn't think it was appropriate to have an extended conversation of that kind here.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Enough.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: