U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 04-18-2007, 07:54 PM
 
Location: South Hills
176 posts, read 484,897 times
Reputation: 59
Default Hows Spring Hill

Hey Rottenchester...

Believe this as a fact...on the list of places you asked about---Brentwood or Carrick are your best options...But like I stated in my first post...Check out the other 3 areas I listed...

I live personally 2 to 4 miles down the road from these areas...I live in Mt. Lebanon which is one of the top, if not the top neighborhood in PGH...

We own over 90 properties in the PGH market..I know this city better than any other investor in PGH..So when your in town, look at these areas for yourself and you be the judge...Or you can listen to DOVER..who is from chicago on his profile...

Crazy question here, which opinion do you deem reliable????

 
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Chicago
34,931 posts, read 50,703,864 times
Reputation: 23050
Which part of what I said is factually wrong? Or do you assume that one has to currently Pittsburgh to know basic things about it?
 
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
 
37,775 posts, read 39,150,178 times
Reputation: 23132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z View Post
We own over 90 properties in the PGH market..I know this city better than any other investor in PGH.
Hmmmmmmmm...........real estate investor in Spring Hill and Troy Hill could equal slum lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z
So when your in town, look at these areas for yourself and you be the judge...
Good advice. He should look at the areas EVERYONE mentioned, not just the areas you mentioned, and judge for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z
Or you can listen to DOVER..who is from chicago on his profile...
He could have just moved to Chicago for all you know since you're basing your conclusion simply on his profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z View Post
Crazy question here, which opinion do you deem reliable????
Let's be logical. There's no way for anyone to know if your credentials are valid. You are new to the forum with only two posts. You claim to live in Mt. Lebanon and own 90 real estate properties in Pittsburgh, but your grammar is lacking. I'm not saying it's not possible; I'm just saying that credibility takes more than a few claims in two posts. At this point, the only way you can substantiate your credibility is to bring forth the deeds to your properties as proof of your investments. Of course, that's silly. But it delineates the ridiculousness of the question.
 
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Chicago
34,931 posts, read 50,703,864 times
Reputation: 23050
It really comes down to this: I could be from Swaziland and never have stepped foot on the North American continent for all it matters. There is this thing called the internet which makes it a snap to obtain easily verifiable facts -- such as the facts that Observatory Hill, Spring Hill and Troy Hill are in the city. You'd think someone who owns 90 properties in the area would know that. (You'd think he conversely would know that Mt. Lebanon is NOT a Pittsburgh neighborhood...) As for low taxes, well that of course is a matter of opinion. I find it absurd that any place with a $3,000 total assessment per $100,000 of property value could be called a "low tax" municipality under any circumstances. It's certainly true that Pittsburgh proper's taxes aren't that high by regional standards, but with the miracle of the internet I can name you 50 municipalities in Allegheny County alone that have lower taxes. And I could have done the same thing if I had lived in Pittsburgh all my life of never stepped foot within 5,000 miles of it.
 
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Oakland CA
6,667 posts, read 8,620,164 times
Reputation: 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z View Post
Hey Rottenchester...

Believe this as a fact...on the list of places you asked about---Brentwood or Carrick are your best options...But like I stated in my first post...Check out the other 3 areas I listed...

I live personally 2 to 4 miles down the road from these areas...I live in Mt. Lebanon which is one of the top, if not the top neighborhood in PGH...

We own over 90 properties in the PGH market..I know this city better than any other investor in PGH..So when your in town, look at these areas for yourself and you be the judge...Or you can listen to DOVER..who is from chicago on his profile...

Crazy question here, which opinion do you deem reliable????
Frankly, the one who can actually spell or take the time to verify facts... the poster's name is Drover.

And he's been pretty reliable....
 
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:27 AM
 
Location: South Hills
176 posts, read 484,897 times
Reputation: 59
Default Hows Spring Hill

Hey Hopes,

Open forum here...who cares if I only have posted 2 times....

Here's a small sample of my creditability...my name on here TRO Z....Real Name James Troisi...

Crown Atlantic...

Just one of the many corporations I hold properties under...Pull me up on the Alleg. Co. website...
 
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
 
37,775 posts, read 39,150,178 times
Reputation: 23132
Thanks for offering the information, James.

You own 4 properties in your own name aside from your family residence. All of these properties have ratings of C- or D for grade and condition. These are not top quality properties by a long shot, nor are they in desirable neighborhoods. That can be easily determined by the images which show many nearby houses. These streets are in serious need of revitalization---like you claimed of other areas.

I'm not saying that these aren't good areas to invest in real estate as a landlord, but these are not desirable areas for purchasing a family home for most families. And most people seeking a rental will search for a more desirable neighborhood of they have the means. There's a difference between investing for profit and finding a place for a family to live.

The 10 properties owned by Crown Atlantic are mostly utilities which aren't really relevant to the discussion in this thread. Furthermore, on the Pennsylvania Department of State Corporations website, you are not listed as an officer of Crown Atlantic. Perhaps you are an investor, but your affiliation with Crown Atlantic can't be verified aside from your knowledge the company exists.

You've provided 14 properties, none of which seem to validate the quality you claim for the specific neighborhoods. Perhaps you are affiliated in some way with other holding companies to account for the 90 properties you claim to own, but so far you've only proven that you personally own four rental houses that are in below average condition.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search_Results.asp?CheckData=true (broken link)

http://www.corporations.state.pa.us/...ROWN+ATLANTIC+
 
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
 
Location: South Hills
176 posts, read 484,897 times
Reputation: 59
Default How's Spring Hill

Hey Hopes,

So you expect me to give you every holding company that me and my family have to justify our 93 properties...EXACT NUMBER BY THE WAY..And as far as what you called utilites, Oh my...Thats called thousands of acres of land we own and rent out to utility companies..

Insanity,to say the least...If you were part of any real estate development group or real estate investor in this city, then you would already know who me and my family are...Thats why I gave you my real name...

I never have to justify to anyone how well we know this city when it comes to real estate...We own buildings in Upper St. Clair to Homewood..Everyone deserves great housing and thats what we provide..And the person in one of the other responses who equates owning properties in the N. Side to being a Slum Lord...I bet my rental units are nicer than where you live yourself..
 
Unread 04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
 
2,902 posts, read 6,502,060 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
I bet my rental units are nicer than where you live yourself..
That's really uncalled for
 
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:27 PM
 
37,775 posts, read 39,150,178 times
Reputation: 23132
TRO Z, I compiled a brilliant respose that puts you right in your place; however, I have no desire to embarrass you. And I could.

You must not have any idea what information can be obtained so easily via the internet, or you wouldn't have provided that personal information.

I'm going to assume your testosterone got the best of you, and you weren't thinking when you provided the information.

If I'm wrong and you want to spread it all out here for everyone to see, just keep attacking me and I'll gladly post my reply.

The ball is in your court. It's your call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top