Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM

5 posts, read 49,308 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving from an apt (with not too much furniture) to a house in south hills. I'd appreciate if you make recommendations for a "movers and packers" company that can help me with the move. I am new in the Pittsburgh area, and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,669,173 times
Our friends just moved and had great luck with Don Farr movers. They claim to be officail movers of the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins, and their trucks can be easily identified with all the teams emblems on them.

South Hills Movers is also a good choice.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:51 AM

50 posts, read 395,834 times
Get Boxes from Liqiour Store, Pack it up, get a Few Buddies, Rent a Truck, Move it and have a Couple Cases of Beer at the New Place... Make it into a Party... You'll save a Bunch of Cash and you'll more than likely meet a Few Neigbors also!!! If you can Fire up the grill with Burgers and Dogs would be much better!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM

129 posts, read 406,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblea65 View Post
Get Boxes from Liqiour Store, Pack it up, get a Few Buddies, Rent a Truck, Move it and have a Couple Cases of Beer at the New Place... Make it into a Party... You'll save a Bunch of Cash and you'll more than likely meet a Few Neigbors also!!! If you can Fire up the grill with Burgers and Dogs would be much better!!!
That's what my husband and I are planning on doing in a few weeks, moving from a townhouse to a house.

If you have an apartment, there can't be THAT much stuff. Unless you have some sort of physical disability, you can pack most of your own things. (Plus who wants strangers going through your stuff?). Unless you have money to burn. Certainly I can understand that you can't move furniture by yourself, but if there's not much of it, you may not need to hire a full out moving company. You need a few guys (or girls) with some muscle, that's all.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,094,598 times
What about Two Men and a Truck? I know they are out are around there also. I would hire movers also because moving was probably one of the worst days ever.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,082,392 times
Quote:
I would hire movers also because moving was probably one of the worst days ever.
I've hired movers the past few times I've moved, and it's been completely worth the money.

And really, despite the offer of beer and pizza, your friends really don't want to help you move.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,094,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've hired movers the past few times I've moved, and it's been completely worth the money.

And really, despite the offer of beer and pizza, your friends really don't want to help you move.
I was offered it and still don't want to move people. I'll def save the time and annoyance and just hire movers. I usually try to make an excuse if someone asks about moving.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:27 AM

50 posts, read 395,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I was offered it and still don't want to move people. I'll def save the time and annoyance and just hire movers. I usually try to make an excuse if someone asks about moving.
You sound like a real good friend to have... NOT

I have moved multiple times, I have used a mover once!!! (paid for by employer) Never again will I use a mover... I have never had anything damaged moving myself... 2 things were damaged by the movers...

But then again, I have true friends that are willing to help and would even changes plans if they had to to help... As I would them...

Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,478,456 times
I used Grabel twice in the last year or so. I think they are out in Leetsdale. One was a personal move and one was for business. They were reasonable and did a nice job.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:11 AM

5 posts, read 49,308 times
Thank you all for your responses. I hope you all had a nice 4th of July weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh