Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:07 PM

83 posts, read 248,557 times

Advertisements

Snaily, thanks for the clarification on your comments. I did misconture some of them. This is a very hard decision. Comments that go against my thinking are well taken, and needed.

All the Pgh businesses listed are and indication of long term success. The fact that you don't find them particularly nice is encouraging to me. Pittsburgh Guitars on the Southside is considered 'the' vintage shop in town, and though it is very friendly; I don't find it a very interesting or convenient place to shop. My opinion is that success is driven by being different and rising above what exists.

Broke folk are alright too. Many musicians fit that bill, but they will pay to keep there tools in top shape - or for a better tool. Service and expertise is what I sell. My current shop is in and area that was considered a low class biker gang haven only a few years back. I thrive because I have become part of the neighborhood, and people do seek me out. Believe it or not, high society folk want a place with 'street cred' for lack of a better term. I won't be opening a classical guitar salon, but my methods and customer relation skills have worked well many different people ... so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
tommygoat, it certainly sounds like you'll do well in Pittsburgh. You know your business better than anyone else.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
Default Re:moving to pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania (Mt.Oliver a borough with its own mayor sorunded by pittsburgh) and have lived here for over 50 years. If I were you I would look for a house in the South Park or Bethel area near South Park. As for business oppertunity dont expect much. Pittsburgh is in general a depressed area that has not fully recovered from the down turn of the steel millls.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:22 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,644,131 times
Lots of good advice posted. I'll add my two cents. I moved here last year from San Francisco and I'm very happy with my choice. Property taxes are much higher here than in CA, but because housing prices are so much lower, my out of pocket expenses went down. Be sure to do your research on what your expenses will be and you'll be just fine. Good luck.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
sorry to extend further an old thread - but i cant believe no one asked him what band he was in for 12 years, touring the world! i wonder if he's Tommy Lee?

Tom Arraya, from Slayer????? its killing me to know.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
sorry to extend further an old thread - but i cant believe no one asked him what band he was in for 12 years, touring the world! i wonder if he's Tommy Lee?

Tom Arraya, from Slayer????? its killing me to know.
Send him a DM. If he still has the same email address, he'll get the notification that he has a DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh