U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 AM

137 posts, read 449,479 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Fios? What do you think? (I will spear you my opinion of Comcast..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM

108 posts, read 121,684 times
It is great. Had it for a year now and don't ever recall it being out. Great tv picture.

It did take several hours for the install.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM

830 posts, read 1,116,159 times
Can't complain at all. Fantastic, no problems! Much better than Comcast!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:56 AM

7,360 posts, read 7,588,132 times
i have the tv and i'm forced to have the phone and internet because i live in an area that's converted to fiber optic lines. yet somehow my next door neighbors still have the $15 dsl, grumble grumble grumble.

everything works fine, but don't ever try to place an order for anything online. i scheduled to have phone and internet set up online and it confirmed everything and then my work order apparently just kind of vanished into the ether. i ended up going something like a month with no phone or internet in my new house. then, silly me, i did the same thing with tv and the same thing happened.

when i called customer service they were like "oh yeah, orders from the website just don't go through" as if that's no big deal. i like to do everything on the web and there are constantly problems with their site - it won't recognize my login for no apparent reason, i get errors trying to go to certain pages (especially help files), etc etc.

go ahead and get it, just call them to set it up.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 4,292 times
I have had it for 2 years and we have had no problems.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:08 PM

25 posts, read 36,897 times
Verizon has a terrible record here in Massachusetts and the Better Business Bureau gave them a major failure rating. Comcast provides better service here. I'd stick with Pennsylvania's own for now :-)

Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 PM

438 posts, read 441,379 times
We rented for several months when moving here and had Comcast cable/internet. I was telecommuting and using an IP phone at the time and had frequent issues with internet service dropping out. I would lose connectivity and have calls dropped on the phone. Their support was less than ideal, they came out a couple of times but never found anything wrong.

We have Verizon FiOS phone/internet at our house now and have been pretty happy. I also had problems at installation time: the installer didn't show on the day he was supposed to and I ended up being walked through the installation over the phone since the equipment was already there from the previous owners. It also took them over a week to change the phone number from the previous owners' to ours (they apparently botched the request the previous owners had made to transfer their house phone to their Verizon Wireless phone). But we haven't had any service interruptions in almost a year, so I'm happy with it overall.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM

20,274 posts, read 18,955,897 times
I've had both FiOS and Comcast in the same neighborhood, and the FiOS is easily better in my view. The picture quality, particularly on HD channels, is noticeably superior, and the Internet service seems to be faster (in the real world) and more reliable.

I'm also somewhat familiar with the underlying technologies, and the potential for fiber is WAY higher.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 AM

129 posts, read 258,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronibus62 View Post
Comcast provides better service here.
Lol, you'll find plenty of people with the opposite opinion.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM

5,090 posts, read 3,608,831 times
Fios by a mile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh