Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:38 PM

4,357 posts, read 6,498,051 times

Advertisements

Too bad Sodini scrambled his brains; science doesn't get to study samples from mass murderers very often. He knew he was mentally ill and even researched it yet never sought out help.

The aledged kid should have DNA testing, just incase he needs to polish up the social skills. I too doubt there is any chance he fathered a child but technically there are a handfull of chances it could have happened.

Sodini was SERIOUSLY bent out of shape yet kept right on functioning in society. Who knows how many other George Sodini's there are out there? Kind of scary if you consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgirl49 View Post
I was reading something about George Sodini and I saw something that he had supposedly fathered a child with someone he went with in the past. Has anyone seen this? Supposedly he and the woman lost contact a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I highly doubt he was actually the father.
When I read that a few days ago, the question that came to my mind was "How did she die?"

Old 08-07-2009, 06:40 PM

479 posts, read 1,232,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Too bad Sodini scrambled his brains; science doesn't get to study samples from mass murderers very often. He knew he was mentally ill and even researched it yet never sought out help.

The aledged kid should have DNA testing, just incase he needs to polish up the social skills. I too doubt there is any chance he fathered a child but technically there are a handfull of chances it could have happened.

Sodini was SERIOUSLY bent out of shape yet kept right on functioning in society. Who knows how many other George Sodini's there are out there? Kind of scary if you consider it.
Yes, that's what is so scary, he seemed so normal! Seems a little similar to Ted Bundy.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:53 AM

50 posts, read 395,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgirl49 View Post
Yes, that's what is so scary, he seemed so normal! Seems a little similar to Ted Bundy.
Seemed so normal??? WTH... I don't think he seemed normal at all... Making a Tape of his House, saying how the young ladies would be impressed because he had a organized house, Not being with a Woman for 19 years... Come on, the Man had issues and refussed to get help...
I think he was after perfection, a perfect woman and would not accept less...
He was and is a Coward!!! Who ruined so many lives...

Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,760,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblea65 View Post
Seemed so normal??? WTH... I don't think he seemed normal at all... Making a Tape of his House, saying how the young ladies would be impressed because he had a organized house, Not being with a Woman for 19 years... Come on, the Man had issues and refussed to get help...
The video he made of his house was for some workshop he attended on on how to talk to women. The very first youtube comment on his video was from one of the women that was part of the seminar, she critiqued his home. He was really talking to them when he said things like "reading material you are all familiar with" because the book on his coffee table was the book from the seminar. Here's a link to the seminar with Sodini in attendance, he is in the white shirt.
YouTube - THE RIGHT ATTITUDE WORKSHOP

The workshop itself is pretty damn creepy. Some awkward middle-aged men being trained to talk to women, with a bunch of 20 year-old models acting as the women. These men probably left with false hope that they could hook up with young women like this in the real world.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM

479 posts, read 1,232,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblea65 View Post
I hadn't read his blog. I was just going by his appearance and the fact that he had no prior criminal record, had graduated from Pitt and had a decent job. If I had read these, I would have said he was one tormented soul.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,498,051 times
Normal right up to the Hand Granade incident on the Bus. This latest factoid should have been enough to Raise the White Flag for sure. The Port Authority Police should have escalated this one as a serious threat. Sodini was coming unglued very rapidly and THIS plucked him from the normal waters.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,210,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
The video he made of his house was for some workshop he attended on on how to talk to women. The very first youtube comment on his video was from one of the women that was part of the seminar, she critiqued his home. He was really talking to them when he said things like "reading material you are all familiar with" because the book on his coffee table was the book from the seminar.
The workshop itself is pretty damn creepy. Some awkward middle-aged men being trained to talk to women, with a bunch of 20 year-old models acting as the women. These men probably left with false hope that they could hook up with young women like this in the real world.
Yeah, I think that is the same seminar that is always advertised in the newspaper for $1,500 a person to attend. You have to be crazy to pay that amount to learn how to be a "playa", let alone play with a live grenade.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,112,869 times
Quote:
The Port Authority Police should have escalated this one as a serious threat.
The police questioned him--there was no evidence of any wrongdoing, and the guy who phoned in the complaint couldn't ID Soldini as the guy he saw with the grenade. At that point there wasn't much they could do.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 PM

587 posts, read 1,618,506 times
WHY are all the guys in the "Right Attitude Workshop" dressed alike? That whole workshop is TOTALLY CREEPY!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh