Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe the main reason I'm down with Pittsburgh is because I don't give a rat's ass about "nightlife". As long as I can get a decent beer in a decent bar not infiltrated by douchebags I'm a happy camper.

You and me both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartRobots View Post
HAHHA

I remember when Jay-Z first came to Pittsburgh with DMX, Method Man & Redman back in the fall of 1998.
Incredible show.

it was eventually two nights instead of one because DMX didn't show up for the first night, so the promoters scheduled a second night for the people who bought tickets!

I saw that Jay-Z ad in the paper...and although I'm excited...it's not like seeing young Shawn Carter back in 1998 when his career was at his peak (IMO)...this is going to be like seeing the rap version of U2.
My BFF went to that concert..she went back the next night to see DMX, too. She said both nights were CRAZY hyped.

I thought about going to see him in March but I don't feel like being around a big crowd like that. I don't have the patience for huge concerts like that anymore with a bunch of people. I'll settle for watching the concert he did in NYC that aired on the FUSE Channel instead, again.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 PM

67 posts, read 158,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
My BFF went to that concert..she went back the next night to see DMX, too. She said both nights were CRAZY hyped.

I thought about going to see him in March but I don't feel like being around a big crowd like that. I don't have the patience for huge concerts like that anymore with a bunch of people. I'll settle for watching the concert he did in NYC that aired on the FUSE Channel instead, again.

That concert was amazing.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:31 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
Quote:
That concert was amazing.
I know right!! I was in the comfort of my living room, with the surround sound, JAMMIN'!

Old 11-17-2009, 01:53 PM

This thread really shouldn't of gone on this long.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,697,532 times
Hey IheartRobots! We're throwing a party you may be interested in this Saturday!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronClark View Post
Hey IheartRobots! We're throwing a party you may be interested in this Saturday!

I'm already there. 313 represent.

It would be nice to get Jeff Mills or Juan Atkins here in the burgh too!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:06 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,230,102 times
[quote=IheartRobots;11666065]I'm already there. 313 represent.

I thought that there was nothing to do here? Try going to a gig like that in Montana. Look, let's focus on what we do have, which is plenty, rather than what we do not have. No we are not the entertainment hub of NYC. And yes, maybe some mid-sized cities have a better music scene than Pittsburgh in some avenues. That does not mean that those cities are "hipper" whatever hip is. When you approach middle age or even your 30s, other things take precedent. For example, making ends meet is always nice. To be able to do it in a city with Pittsburgh's offerings is even nicer.

Last edited by nuwaver88; 11-17-2009 at 03:16 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 04:43 PM

[quote=nuwaver88;11666169]
Quote:
I'm already there. 313 represent.

I thought that there was nothing to do here? Try going to a gig like that in Montana. Look, let's focus on what we do have, which is plenty, rather than what we do not have. No we are not the entertainment hub of NYC. And yes, maybe some mid-sized cities have a better music scene than Pittsburgh in some avenues. That does not mean that those cities are "hipper" whatever hip is. When you approach middle age or even your 30s, other things take precedent. For example, making ends meet is always nice. To be able to do it in a city with Pittsburgh's offerings is even nicer.

1. What does Montana have to do with anything? (I feel what you're saying though...)
2. I've already been to alot of places in and out of the country, so really what you're saying I've already seen for myself and came to my own conclusions.
3. I never mentioned anything in this thread about "hip" or anything related to it. Stuff like that is all really subjective really.
4. I've already displayed the pluses of Pittsburgh in this thread.
5. I've never implied that Pittsburgh was devoid of events as the phrase "nothing to do" implies.
6. Just because I made this thread doesn't mean I don't go out. I usually reserve my time and money towards stuff I actually want to go out and do in the Burgh. I've been around the block for years and support the people and things I love in Pittsburgh.

I see what you are saying though, and like anything, you have to focus on the pluses rather than the negatives. Who wants to go around in life being a negtaive nancy?..So to speak.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
Now..I have to go to Chicago and New York to have fun and I am past 40...South Beach might
be my next vacation..

please, lets talk - we should brainstorm, go into business together and open up a cool place where ANYONE is welcome - 20-something to 40-something!

the last 'club' i went to was the Black Cat in DC, probably 2 years ago. it was an "80s dance party". there were:

some straight couples, in their 20s...
some straight couples, in their 30s...
one, maybe more, male/male couples...
a bunch of 20-something girls dancing, all dressed up in not quite accurate garb for 80s fashion...

and no one cared an iota about anyone else looking silly or 'not with it'. THAT i have ONLY experienced in pgh and toronto. in DC, you can pretty much blend in in most places and just 'be' there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh