Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 29,567 times

Advertisements

i'm going to move to pittsburgh on this july. . where is the best area to open a sushi restaurant. and how 's the competition in pitts.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,069,039 times
Quote:
and how 's the competition in pitts
This is a GREAT time to open such. The market is really picking up in Pittsburgh. Your absolute biggest competition is Nakama in the SouthSide. There is a place in the Waterfront called Yokomo (ick), Shogun in Monroeville, and a small chain called Sushi/Sushi 2 etc (the chain is numbered like that). I intern for Giant Eagle and their Sushi department is one of the fastest growing food products in that department. I would look into the NorthShore or North Side of Pittsburgh!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,886,424 times
Hey... the south hills is in dire need of new resturants!
People in Peter's will actually wait 1 hour to be seated at outback or Max and Ermas!! Lord, waiting 45 min on fri or sat at Applebees is commonplace!!!

Seriously the area south of south hills village is like desert! They need good resturants!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,069,039 times
Quote:
Seriously the area south of south hills village is like desert! They need good resturants!!!
good point

Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 PM

76 posts, read 228,163 times
North Side needs more restaurants. Check out Monterey Cafe in Mexican War Streets - it was packed every night when I was there to buy a house. Lots of people in that area would love a good sushi place, including myself. They are very loyal to the businesses that open there, from what I saw, always reccommending the ones there.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM

299 posts, read 1,009,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
I intern for Giant Eagle and their Sushi department is one of the fastest growing food products in that department.
I pick up sushi from the Eagle about once a week to take to work with me. They do a much better job than a number of proper restaurants in the area!

Oakland has a couple of sushi joints (Sushi Boat, in the Schenley Plaza kiosks [which is horrendous], but it could really use a good sushi joint. It's a university-heavy population shared by Pitt and CMU and is where I work, so it would be great for me to have something in walking distance! Where there's room for it, though, I don't know.

I second the South Hills, too ... I'm almost certain we don't have any sushi restaurants. It might be a hip thing for Mt. Lebo's business district.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:06 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
The North Hills need restaurants too. There aren't many sushi restaurants in Pittsburgh. I'm not aware of one in the North Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh