Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:44 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janissurman View Post
Pittsburgh Flea in the Strip starts in the Spring at 21st and Railroad every Sunday 8-3 go to their website. www.pittsburghflea.com
Thank you! This partially answers my Market House inquiry too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,973,922 times
Woah, you weren't kidding about them not having any overhead. 10 bucks a day!?

Trader Jack's Flea Market Bridgeville, PA

Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,370,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
I hate people who have tables at flea markets who price as if they are a retail establishment. These are the people who have tables every week. Just because Wal Mart sells a hammer for eight bucs does not mean that a flea market seller can sell it for six, even if brand new. A hammer at a flea market should be one or two bucs. A thirty dollar blender should be 5-8 not fifteen. I thought the idea was to get rid of stuff. Some people tote the same junk all over the place that they cannot sell week after week. Ah, you are at a flea market. Lower the price to move it. You are not a retail establishment who has new merchandise and major overhead.
I got a table once and the other sellers got angry with me for selling stuff too cheap. I just wanted to sell the stuff and never have to go back there again unless as a buyer.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:31 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,096 times
They have a flea market each weekend at the Laurel Mall in Connellsville, 45 minutes south of Pittsburgh.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:58 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
I hate people who have tables at flea markets who price as if they are a retail establishment. These are the people who have tables every week. Just because Wal Mart sells a hammer for eight bucs does not mean that a flea market seller can sell it for six, even if brand new. A hammer at a flea market should be one or two bucs. A thirty dollar blender should be 5-8 not fifteen. I thought the idea was to get rid of stuff. Some people tote the same junk all over the place that they cannot sell week after week. Ah, you are at a flea market. Lower the price to move it. You are not a retail establishment who has new merchandise and major overhead.
Well this would be feasible if you could set up a table for free. My uncle sells records at the flea market in North Versailles, and they charge $250/mo for the table! He used to sell at Eastland for years, and when they closed he was paying $500 (it was a much bigger space...but still). So yeah...they are not out there to lose money. My uncle supplements his table sales with eBay. Even then, he has some really crappy months profit-wise....especially when the weather gets bad.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 AM

475 posts, read 570,756 times
Any of the local flea markets okay with firearms/ammo/accessories tables?

Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 AM

780 posts, read 1,383,850 times
Jonnett flea market out on Rte. 22 near Blairsville is always hopping on the weekends if the weather is nice. I believe they have indoor and outdoor sales. Make a day of it and hit up Clem's for some decent barbeque on Rte. 22 as well. The Cheese house has some decent cheese and local wine for sale out that way and during the summer, lots of farm stands along Rte. 22 selling fresh, local produce. Traffic can be a pain at times in some of the construction areas but it is getting better.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Well this would be feasible if you could set up a table for free. My uncle sells records at the flea market in North Versailles, and they charge $250/mo for the table! He used to sell at Eastland for years, and when they closed he was paying $500 (it was a much bigger space...but still). So yeah...they are not out there to lose money. My uncle supplements his table sales with eBay. Even then, he has some really crappy months profit-wise....especially when the weather gets bad.

If he's the older gentleman I'm thinking of then I spent many a dollar at his table. Never got to know him by name but always looked forward to looking over what he had. Sad to say I don't really buy vinyl anymore but certainly wish him well.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempfield mania View Post
Jonnett flea market out on Rte. 22 near Blairsville is always hopping on the weekends if the weather is nice. I believe they have indoor and outdoor sales.

If you're going that far out, head east another 40 minutes or so and hit up Leighty's. Take route 22 to Duncansville and then head south on old 220. You can stop at the Duncansville antique/flea market complex if you're so inclined but the better action is at Leighty's. If you still have time, keep heading south to Bedford and stop at Hoke-E-Geez on route 30.

Grab the turnpike back from Bedford and your home in a couple hours.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:30 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,201,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Any of the local flea markets okay with firearms/ammo/accessories tables?
I know you're upset, but shooting the next guy that rear ends you would probably not be a good idea...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh