U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,899 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Wexford from India and have a six year old son. I want to get him involved in some sports classes/training during weekends. Any suggestions..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,477,142 times
T-ball (baseball without pitching) is what 6 year olds do, but it's too late for that this year. Have you asked your school? Even if your son doesn't attend the public school, he still has a right to participate in school activities and sports. Keep in mind that anything in school will be done on weekdays, not just weekends. My best advice is to sign him up for some sort of clases in martial arts, swimming, gymnastics, etc.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 10 days ago)

70,044 posts, read 60,607,466 times
Is there a Recreation Center or YMCA there? My nephew and niece lived there with a small child for a while, but I don't remember. Anyway, those organizations usually have lots going on for kids. Soccer seems popular with the little ones in the fall.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,188,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Is there a Recreation Center or YMCA there? My nephew and niece lived there with a small child for a while, but I don't remember. Anyway, those organizations usually have lots going on for kids. Soccer seems popular with the little ones in the fall.
There's a very new YMCA serving that north hills area, that's true. It's across I-79 near the Wexford interchange, on Nicholson Rd. YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh

Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM

8,500 posts, read 7,739,715 times
Hey, if you live in the Pine-Richland school district just ask the dumber than crap football coaches if you can run on their 11 million dollar field.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:06 PM

346 posts, read 485,721 times
Right now is soccer season. Most sign up dates are probably past but you may be able to get him on a team by calling the lead organizer of your local youth recreation league and explaining your situation. Basketball season is next, so keep your eyes open. I don't know about Wexford specifically but most recreational youth sports have one practice during the week and then a game on the weekend.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,899 times
Thanks all for your suggestions. I will follow-up with the school and try to get him possibly in any soccer activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh