U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM

42,391 posts, read 47,526,931 times
At first, I didn't see anything wrong.

Then I re-read the utube title saying that the police were using her to pose for a group photo.

How weird is that?

And her having an extremely sexy body build makes it even more freaky.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 04:19 PM

296 posts, read 429,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Wolfe View Post
gaelgirl - readers here should know that your 11:44 am post is not accurate.

"I was just there. It was just this one guy, listed above. He ALONE started screaming at the cops to identify themselves. They told him to get on the sidewalk and they weren't giving him that information.

He went crazy on the bullhorn and flipped out on them."

I am Bill Wolfe. I was quoted accurately (but partially) in the feed above. But I was not the gentleman on the bullhorn. Nor was I the gentleman (dressed like a clown with a red nose) that read various police training manuals on crown control on a bullhorn. I did not go crazy and I did not use a bullhorn.
I did get bumped by police that walked through the crowd in the road. I spoke rationally to the PA State Police on scene commander as well as the city police commander and the protest organizer about that inappropriate and provacative tactic.

My blog is Wolfenotes. com - I will post photo's and write about what I saw in PBurgh later this weekend.
Sorry about that. But you must have been close then and know who I mean.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,975,362 times
Quote:
It looks like there's an anti-police brutality rally planned at Schenley tonight.
They have no idea what real police brutality looks like, cause they sure didn't see any this week.

Quote:
Then I re-read the utube title saying that the police were using her to pose for a group photo.

How weird is that?

And her having an extremely sexy body build makes it even more freaky.
I didn't see any "manhandling", and after reading Hopes' post, I watched it another five times on full screen, and I sure don't see a "her" let alone a sexy body. (It actually looked like the kid was being relatively cooperative.)

Old 09-26-2009, 04:30 PM

8,270 posts, read 7,342,973 times
I heard it was his/her camera that they used, he wanted the photo.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:34 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,488,822 times
What's the situation like in Oakland tonight? Is it still going to be filled up with riot police or are we looking at a smaller presence?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM

285 posts, read 526,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
What's the situation like in Oakland tonight? Is it still going to be filled up with riot police or are we looking at a smaller presence?
I would think a smaller presence now that the summit itself is actually over, but I have no idea. I need to head up to Forbes for something, so I'll have updates in a bit.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:52 PM

7,360 posts, read 7,135,018 times
(i have permission to post this from the photographer):

Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I heard it was his/her camera that they used, he wanted the photo.
where did you hear that, exactly? i've heard that theorized, but nothing official. i sort of doubt the police would go along with that, especially such a large group of officers. but who knows.

and just because someone is cooperating with the police doesn't mean they're doing something they want to do.

we'll see - hopefully what exactly is happening there comes out now that attention is being paid to the incident.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
They have no idea what real police brutality looks like, cause they sure didn't see any this week.
i don't think the police were especially brutal, but there were some big overreactions. the number of arrests that happened last night seems inexcusable, from all the accounts i've heard.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:09 PM

826 posts, read 1,067,233 times

And hopefully someone will change the sign and spell "RESTAURANT" correctly so they look more respectable than dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
(i have permission to post this from the photographer):
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh