U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 AM

15 posts, read 16,279 times

Advertisements

My parents live in Manchester (I just moved out about a year ago) and the sections from Liverpool/Penns Ave/Sheffield St up (toward the city) are good, but once you go back further back it gets pretty shady.

West North Ave does have some wonderful homes, my parents are friends with a lot of the owners and the majority of them have been there since the area was terrible (1990s and before). My parents live in one of those restored homes, and while it's still a work in progress it is gorgeous. They don't normally have problems, but there are your occasional dumb teenagers who do stupid stuff just to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM

8,885 posts, read 7,804,726 times
Quote:
Urban Landmarks Associates will request to have a restaurant on the first and basement floors of a four-story building at 900 Western Ave
Read more: Real Estate Notes - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Real Estate Notes - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM

1,361 posts, read 917,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Read more: Real Estate Notes - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Real Estate Notes - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

That whole thing is pretty funny. There's already a restaurant there, Brix, but the City has been giving them grief over their oven. I think they just need an adjustment.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM

660 posts, read 523,204 times
Like copanut said, its the northside! What do you expect? Lol!

Old 12-02-2011, 02:42 PM

770 posts, read 529,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
Have you walked down W North lately? Most of the homes are restored and they are GORGEOUS.
When I stayed at The Priory Hotel last month I did a walk around the neighborhood. I thought to myself what beautiful homes there were in the area. I especially loved the one that was for sale next to the hotel. The architecture is fabulous! There were some photos of the interior on Realtor and it's just as lovely.

I like the buildings on Ohio Street too and although some of them are vacant, many of the businesses are unique, and one of a kind. Reminds me of the old days when most people did their shopping in the neighborhood.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:02 PM

1,190 posts, read 967,057 times
The Nort Side n 'at? Heck yea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh