U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 PM

35,623 posts, read 53,213,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferprestia View Post
Actually, from what my son tells me (he was there), they weren't anarchists, they were just idiots.
Seeing how the former is largely a subset of the latter, it's entirely possible they were both.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:32 AM

40,222 posts, read 43,061,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbarblahblah View Post
Why have some of the G20 protesters targeted Pamela's? Is it because the Obamas like their pancakes...or is their some other reason that I'm missing?
I really do think it's because Obama mentioned Pamelas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
And now President Obama mentions Pamela's in his closing speech. lol Damn, they must make some mean pancakes!
He mentioned it before he came to Pittsburgh too! I've never heard of Pamelas. I'm definitely going to try those pancakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if all the attention they've gotten launched Pamela's into becoming a global billion dollar resturaunt chain ?
I think that's very likely to happen. They have six already. They can take all this publicity to the bank.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,198,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
He mentioned it before he came to Pittsburgh too! I've never heard of Pamelas. I'm definitely going to try those pancakes!

Get yourself down there --they are yummy!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,506,216 times
pamela's is excellent. i don't eat eggs, but their pancakes look just like my mom's pancakes, which are the gold standard, of course!

police are now saying that one person was responsible for the majority of the property destruction (see the general g20 thread). no word on whether that includes pamela's. but that means that now more than ever, it's not fair to extrapolate that kind of behavior to the protesters as a whole, especially the 4200-10000 who participated in the peaceful march yesterday (which predictably has gotten much less attention from local media and none from national media that i've seen).

Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM

89 posts, read 123,424 times
I suppose that I gave the protesters too much credit. I assumed that they had an actual reason for targeting some of the places they decided to target.

Everyone should get to Pamela's right away. They have the best pancakes I've ever tasted. They only take cash though (unless they've installed debit/credit machines since the last time I've been there.)

Last edited by Joshbarblahblah; 09-26-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM

12,394 posts, read 9,368,610 times
I have to confess that I've lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and I've never been to Pamela's.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 AM

20,274 posts, read 17,240,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
but that means that now more than ever, it's not fair to extrapolate that kind of behavior to the protesters as a whole, especially the 4200-10000 who participated in the peaceful march yesterday (which predictably has gotten much less attention from local media and none from national media that i've seen).
It never made any sense to attribute the behavior of the anarchists (who seemed to number in the tens, not hundreds or thousands) to the protesters as a whole. On the other hand, I'm not sure yet that the handful of anarchists should get a pass on the property destruction. Indeed, while this one guy might have been swinging the hammer most of the time, in the accounts and pictures I have seen there were usually two people working together.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,660,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany12 View Post
Pamela's is a chain. I would say that qualifies as corp.
It had nothing to do with that, they were just smashing windows to do so.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:04 PM

4,262 posts, read 3,738,402 times
I had breakfast at Pamela's in Oakland. Very good, but crowded. Never had the panckaes though (not much of a pancake fan, I guess.)

Old 09-26-2009, 05:29 PM

9,871 posts, read 8,534,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I have to confess that I've lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and I've never been to Pamela's.
I think I might have been here even longer before going. The longtime breakfast fave I had been to before that was Deluca's (in the Strip). But yeah, Pamela's is great, any location. Always busy on a weekend tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh