Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 11:07 PM

29 posts, read 106,687 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be moving to NC from Ontario, Canada very soon, and I'll be passing through Pittsburgh on the drive down; since Pittsburgh is pretty much the half-way point of my trip, I was thinking of staying somewhere in the area overnight.

I've never had the pleasure of having the opportunity to visit Pittsburgh until now. Can anyone tell me of any great local "delicacies" I can try out?

Which hotels along I-79 are good for safety and cleanliness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 01:38 PM

6,600 posts, read 8,948,104 times
I would look for hotels near the Airport area, Robinson would be a good place to look. You'll be able to get a hotel for around 50 USD (maybe less) if you book online. I'd use Hotwire or Priceline's name your own price; even though you don't know the exact hotel you'll get, all the hotels in the airport area are going to offer easy access to the highway and similar quality. If you have a bit more money to spend then go for someplace in the city if you want to be closer to things.

The airport area has a A LOT of stores and a mall. There's an IKEA too, which may interest you since you're moving.

Food I guess the typical suggestion is Primanti brothers. Though if I only had one day in the city I'd take the incline up Mt. Washington and visit the Carnegie museums (Art and History are both in the same building).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh