Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times

Advertisements

yeah, futuresteeler was a troll. he obviously wasn't lying about who he was, but he was out to provoke, not discuss. he was given lots of time to prove whether or not he was one, too.

lots of people are critical of pittsburgh on this board, including people who love it here. but there's a difference between discussing the city's shortcomings and demanding that everyone acknowledge that your sweepingly negative opinions of the city are true.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM

9 posts, read 29,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd1229 View Post
We are trolls because we don't like the burgh...wow that's progressive thinking...!!! What about FutureSteeler..was he a troll too? What's sad is that more outsiders you drive out of Pittsburgh, the worse Pittsburgh will be. No industry , jobs or growth will come into your fair city. The kids that go to college in Pittsburgh(the best minds in our nation) will leave due to lack of diversity, tolerance and mainly jobs... Really am I a troll for pointing out some facts about the burgh...
What exactly is progressive thinking? Is not being intelligent enough to realize that only 20 some years since a major economic collapse would still effect an area's population progressive thinking? Is not realizing that a lot of new tech white collar jobs that have grown in this fair city in the last decade progressive thinking? I am sick of these negative people like Copanut and this troll that keep claiming the lack of good paying jobs. No matter all the data of how Pittsburgh has grown in tech/white collar jobs they still keep bringing up the "fact" that we have no jobs. Do we have as many jobs as when steel was around? No. Do we have more white collar, educated, tech jobs for post college grads? Yes, many more. Pittsburgh had to change, and those good paying jobs that you are use to that didn't require a education are gone. It is the new challenge. You arn't going to be able to graduate high school and own a big house and feed a family of 8 anymore by working at the steel mill. That is why these jobs went oversees in the first place. But so many people can't grasp the fact that Pittsburgh has been doing a fair job at pulling itself togther and creating more diverse and educated white collar jobs here.

Don't even get me started with your "progressive" bs. I have been working on Green buildings well before it was a trendy thing to do. I am sick of the idea "Progressive" means moving to a subdivision in North Carolina, being a office chump, and shopping at Target, and you are a "progressive". What is "progressive"? Is innovation of new technologies Progressive, or just being a chump on trolling a message board Progressive? Also, I heard your stupid, "My asian kids got made fun of before" by some other troll on this board. I had asian kids in my highschool, and never once did any of them get singled out and picked on. That is just stupid. If they got picked on, they probably got picked on for being obnoxious & annoying trying to push people's buttons and not being asian. Which didn't fall far from the tree.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopSosialism! View Post
Do we have as many jobs as when steel was around? No.
Actually, we have more now

Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,710,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopSosialism! View Post
What exactly is progressive thinking? Is not being intelligent enough to realize that only 20 some years since a major economic collapse would still effect an area's population progressive thinking? Is not realizing that a lot of new tech white collar jobs that have grown in this fair city in the last decade progressive thinking? I am sick of these negative people like Copanut and this troll that keep claiming the lack of good paying jobs. No matter all the data of how Pittsburgh has grown in tech/white collar jobs they still keep bringing up the "fact" that we have no jobs. Do we have as many jobs as when steel was around? No. Do we have more white collar, educated, tech jobs for post college grads? Yes, many more. Pittsburgh had to change, and those good paying jobs that you are use to that didn't require a education are gone. It is the new challenge. You arn't going to be able to graduate high school and own a big house and feed a family of 8 anymore by working at the steel mill. That is why these jobs went oversees in the first place. But so many people can't grasp the fact that Pittsburgh has been doing a fair job at pulling itself togther and creating more diverse and educated white collar jobs here.

Don't even get me started with your "progressive" bs. I have been working on Green buildings well before it was a trendy thing to do. I am sick of the idea "Progressive" means moving to a subdivision in North Carolina, being a office chump, and shopping at Target, and you are a "progressive". What is "progressive"? Is innovation of new technologies Progressive, or just being a chump on trolling a message board Progressive? Also, I heard your stupid, "My asian kids got made fun of before" by some other troll on this board. I had asian kids in my highschool, and never once did any of them get singled out and picked on. That is just stupid. If they got picked on, they probably got picked on for being obnoxious & annoying trying to push people's buttons and not being asian. Which didn't fall far from the tree.

Welcome back, Awesomo!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:12 PM

20 posts, read 55,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Welcome back, Awesomo!
Dude first off..leave my daughter out of it. She was picked on by the teacher. The teacher told everyone to look at her because SHE WAS DIFFERENT AND YOU DON'T SEE PEOPLE LIKE HER IN PITTSBURGH...TEACHER'S EXACT WORDS. From that point on , the kids teased her about eating roast beef.

Progressive thinking to me means you don't look down on people who adopt asian kids, look different than you nor have different political social views than you do. You are tolerant of all views points. Show me someone who is tolerant of African Americans and people of color in the burgh. As far as the poster about that I live in Cranberry. First off unlike you who never ventured out of your neighborhood for 9 years, I have been to restaurants on the north side, downtown and southside. I have traveled many times to every part of the city. My husband and I get the same stares no matter where we are in the city. People staring with their mouths wide open.

Your lack of diversity and different views is exactly what I am talking about.I could careless if Pittsburgh succeeds or fails. I know I am living in way better place than you are especially come winter time.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Edit: I call shenanigans!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:21 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,710,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd1229 View Post
Dude first off..leave my daughter out of it. She was picked on by the teacher. The teacher told everyone to look at her because SHE WAS DIFFERENT AND YOU DON'T SEE PEOPLE LIKE HER IN PITTSBURGH...TEACHER'S EXACT WORDS. From that point on , the kids teased her about eating roast beef.

Progressive thinking to me means you don't look down on people who adopt asian kids, look different than you nor have different political social views than you do. You are tolerant of all views points. Show me someone who is tolerant of African Americans and people of color in the burgh. As far as the poster about that I live in Cranberry. First off unlike you who never ventured out of your neighborhood for 9 years, I have been to restaurants on the north side, downtown and southside. I have traveled many times to every part of the city. My husband and I get the same stares no matter where we are in the city. People staring with their mouths wide open.

Your lack of diversity and different views is exactly what I am talking about.I could careless if Pittsburgh succeeds or fails. I know I am living in way better place than you are especially come winter time.
First off, welcome back FutureSteeler! Or a reasonable facsimile.

Second off, you brought your daughter into this. I commented on your ridiculous comment, which I've seen here before, verbatim.

Third off, it's COULDN'T care less, not could. Think about it.

Fourth off, I've only lived here 2 1/2 years, leave my neighborhood all the time, and have lived in some of the most "diverse" cities in the country.

Fifth off, "African Americans" are far less tolerated in most of NC than in Pennsylvania. I'm from the South, don't give me that "progressive" nonsense.

Sixth off, I was just at a party on the North Side. One person had an adopted Hispanic child and another one used tired buzzwords like "African American". Sounds pretty "progressive" to me.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times

Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Darn, it won't let me rep you, Little Mizz!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 PM

20 posts, read 55,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
First off, welcome back FutureSteeler! Or a reasonable facsimile.

Second off, you brought your daughter into this. I commented on your ridiculous comment, which I've seen here before, verbatim.

Third off, it's COULDN'T care less, not could. Think about it.

Fourth off, I've only lived here 2 1/2 years, leave my neighborhood all the time, and have lived in some of the most "diverse" cities in the country.

Fifth off, "African Americans" are far less tolerated in most of NC than in Pennsylvania. I'm from the South, don't give me that "progressive" nonsense.

Sixth off, I was just at a party on the North Side. One person had an adopted Hispanic child and another one used tired buzzwords like "African American". Sounds pretty "progressive" to me.

Wow you went to a party where someone adopted...You should be welcomed into the United Nations. First off, I don't live in the backwoods of NC but in the progressive part. Second You only lived in the burgh for 2 years... So what do you really know about it. ..? Second You cannot be from the south because your manners suck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh