Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
My wife doesn't work outside the house.

I only work with a small handful of women. I am so far back in line, that it will be a very long time before it is even close to being my turn.
I feel badly for your wife.

She's married to someone who wants to cheat, but thinks he can't cheat because there are too few women for any to think him worthy enough.

Meanwhile, your wife married you. She thought you were worthy enough. It's sort of a slap in her face.

Sounds like you are wanting what you can't have and not appreciating what you do have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 05:46 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
Dick's is building a huge facility on the Northwest corner of the airport. It is wedged in between the route 60 split that is now called Interstate 376. Access is going to be convenient from all directons.

Sewickley would be pretty close. All of Beaver County would great. 40 minutes would get you into parts of West Virginia, and Ohio. Unless you are truly a city dweller, I see no reason for going East of the airport.

The Pittsburgh airport is one of the few airports that is in a desirable location.

Check out Blackhawk School district in Chippewa/ South Beaver Township. Don't be thrown by the Beaver Falls address.
LOL! I grew up in Beaver Falls (actually Patterson Hts). Yes, BF does have a bad rep anymore (as they say in da burg). I have heard good things about Blackhawk SD. It was not in existence when I was in a kid. Chippewa Twp is probably about 30-45 min from the airport, depending on where. It's a fairly big twp. Patterson Twp is a tad closer. Patterson Hts is "this old house" country. It's about 30 min. from the airport. All are in the Blackhawk SD.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,658,058 times
You don't need to feel badly for my wife. You have no idea what our personal life is like, or how good we both have it. I could tell you some pretty wild stories, but they are none of your business.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,689,468 times
Back on topic everyone, please.
Yac.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 24,783 times
WOW I've been on the road a while what a change in direction.
Beanpole any insight on planning and allocation? How was the work/life balance?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,689 times
I have applied for a couple positions at DSG. I am a recent college graduate and live in the Pittsburgh area. Any advice on how to get in?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,682,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalh4387 View Post
I have applied for a couple positions at DSG. I am a recent college graduate and live in the Pittsburgh area. Any advice on how to get in?
I've applied to several positions (all corporate) with them in the past online and never heard from them. That's how every company is these days, you have to know someone to get in.

Also, I've worked in offices for many years and you'd be surprised as to how many people thought the address for them is dicks dot com.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM

487 posts, read 1,375,171 times
I'm dusting off an old thread to see if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the environment in the corporate office. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: