Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 AM

323 posts, read 806,674 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm new to Pittsburgh, and I'm wondering if there are any fun things to do here for New Years Eve! Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,039 times
Plenty of stuff! What all are you looking for? Bars? Clubs? Certain types of music? Family oriented events?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronClark View Post
Plenty of stuff! What all are you looking for? Bars? Clubs? Certain types of music? Family oriented events?
Honestly, I don't know lol, certainly not anything family oriented lol! My bf and I are new here and are just hoping to find something fun to do, maybe a fun bar or music or...just something to do for New Years really. We don't know anyone here outside of my coworkers, and most of them moved here recently too, so I don't really have anyone to ask who's familiar with Pittsburgh what the heck to do on New Year's Eve here lol. Thanks!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
If you just want a crazy bar scene, you could head to the South Side. For a rather different scene, the Cultural District has a bunch of events as part of its First Night program:

Pittsburgh Cultural Trust - First Night

You could also do a nighttime river cruise.

For more options, see here:

Post-Gazette NOW - Events

Old 12-28-2009, 02:12 PM

567 posts, read 1,161,904 times
You could also pick up a copy of the CityPaper, or check out the event listings online: Pittsburgh City Paper - News, Music, Restaurants, Events, Arts and Entertainment Newspaper

Old 12-28-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
If you just want a crazy bar scene, you could head to the South Side. For a rather different scene, the Cultural District has a bunch of events as part of its First Night program:

Pittsburgh Cultural Trust - First Night

You could also do a nighttime river cruise.

For more options, see here:

Post-Gazette NOW - Events
We are definitely not looking for a crazy bar scene lol. First Night sounds right up our alley! Thank you so much! I'm going to have to do some speedy looking into this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: