Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 02:42 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,484,727 times

Advertisements

Thought this was kinda sad...another place that holds smaller venue concerts will be gone...

All good things must end. The Rhythm House Cafe closing February 27, 2010

"Friends,

All good things must end, and the end for a dream that started nine years ago will hold its last party on February 27, 2010. The Rhythm House will be torn down and a Get Go will stand in its place. Don't be sad; embrace this last month, spread the word, and celebrate an era with me as we close with the last big party on Saturday, February 27 with Donnie Iris, Joe Grushecky, B.E. Taylor, Scott Blasey, Bill Deasy, and Velveeta.

The nightlife landscape will have a drastic void, leaving behind only the great memories. The first dates, the first kisses, the engagements, the bachelor parties, the weddings, a couple of Super Bowls and a Stanley Cup, great live music, and the friends we have met along the way. I am proud of what we have done here and we will be going out in style, things have been very busy here for the last few months and I expect it to be crazy busy as we come to silence the music.

It has been an honor to be your host for the last nine years and proud to say we put on some of the greatest parties any where in the world. I have to thank the support of Froggy Radio, WDUQ, and WDVE for making us a landmark. I could never thank Frank Bell, Jimmy Krenn, Sean McDowell, and Tony Mowod enough. The great shows of Darius Rucker, Billy Currington, Josh Turner, Jason Michael Carroll, Blake Shelton, Quiet Riot, Warrant, Rod Piazza, the late night parties, the quiet nights with friends. The celebrity appearances: Lou Gossett Jr., Jason Gedrick, and Matthew McConaughey. The many sports legends to tip one back here. The Nashville Star Auditions, The DVE Morning show, and Jenna from Survivor hanging in the office because no one could know she won. Countless memories that we all will take with us.

I hope you all agree that there is no other place in the world like The Rhythm House Cafe. I hope to see you here before we go. I will keep everyone posted of the special events we have planned for February. Let's get this party started until February 27, officially, "The Day the Music Died".

Thanks for the Memories!

Daryl Price
The Rhythm House Cafe"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 03:03 PM

674 posts, read 1,405,593 times
As someone who lives very near there, I've known this was coming for awhile and am suprised that it took this long. While it is never good to lose a music venue, I am unfortunately of the NIMBY mindset in this situation. Too much drunk driving. The parking was never enough and there were always idiots trying to turn in and out of there dangerously. Rumors of drug deals, etc. It will free up the local police, that's for sure.

South Fayette needs all of the tax revenue from businesses that it can get, so I'm at least happy that it is being replaced with something that should also generate a fair amount of income.

Though we need another gas station like we need a hole in the head- there are already 3 in the vicinity.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM

54 posts, read 254,956 times
I love Rhythm House and I'm sorry to hear this news. Cefalo's in Carneige is a great, classy live music venue in a converted church. My other favorite is Sunseri's.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:03 AM

85 posts, read 285,637 times
Well Fkkkkk. That was not only the jumpinest place in the South Hills, it was as good as any place in the city.

In a way, I'm surprised that place lasted this long. Anyone who hung out there long enough knew that the people behind the place were more than a little shady.

I knew some people who worked there very well, and suffice it to say that that place has as colorful a story as any roadhouse you've ever heard of. Maybe someone will tell it someday.

What is taking its place?

EDIT: GetGo is taking its place. I guess South Fayette is now as boring as USC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh