Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,049,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can't even imagine how/why a group of people would ban together to do such a hideous crime against another person for days and days.
im with you on this, Hope. i fathom how other people are eagerly talking about the punishment, but i cant even move past the crime itself. its that upsetting that i wish i just didnt hear of it. that poor girl. what posesses people to do this? rather than interview the latest hip hop ***** or another corrupt congressman, why doesnt 20/20 interview these people - i really am interested in what goes on in their heads to do something like this.

and this wasnt a cult of people dropping acid, listening to fatalistic gospels or anything - just white trash from greenburg, pa. thats your neighbor, mine, anyone elses.

Last edited by szug-bot; 02-13-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: spelling error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,096 times
I can't even imagine that 1 person, let alone 6, can do something of that magnitude to someone, especially of a mentally handicapped nature. The more sickening thing is thinking how many people like these are still residing in my hometown.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Exactly. The group aspect always boggles my mind in the bizzare twisted crimes.

How does that happen? What kind of person brings up the idea? What type of people agree it's a good idea?

You can almost comprehend how one person can be sick and twisted. But how do they find each other to become a group of sick and twisted people?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:13 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Exactly. The group aspect always boggles my mind in the bizzare twisted crimes.

How does that happen? What kind of person brings up the idea? What type of people agree it's a good idea?

You can almost comprehend how one person can be sick and twisted. But how do they find each other to become a group of sick and twisted people?
They themselves had to have been mentally ill to do something like that, there are no other possibilities. They made her write a suicide note and then later murdered her and stuffed her in a garbage can... do you think a person killing themselves is going to have that ability to stuff themselves in a garbage can? They obviously couldn't comprehend what they were doing and perhaps even believed that they weren't going to get caught.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
I did catch the stupidity of their actions when I read about the suicide note and their using her belongings to clean up the blood.

People who commit suicide aren't alive to clean up after themselves.

I won't disagree that they are mentally ill. But I still can't rap my mind around how groups that do these things find each other.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:24 AM

870 posts, read 1,568,184 times
I knew some the Daugherty family members, but not Jennifer. Sick sick crime. I say eye for an eye...

Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,077,735 times
Ordinarily I do not favor the Death Penalty unless the crime is particularly heinous and there is overwhelming evidence that shows the person or persons convicted are guilty of their crimes beyond a shadow of doubt. Too many innocent people have been put to death over the years and that in my mind is not acceptable in a supposedly civilized society. However, this case seems cut and dried and these people should get the same fate as their victim.

The herd mentality probably led to this result. I doubt just one of the people in this group of mental defectives would have carried out these activities on their own. But making it a group effort and having one person twisting the arm of others is what likely led to her torture and murder. I've grown to despise the herd mentality that is permeating our culture now because it only leads to people playing follow the leader instead of using their own mind to decide what is right or wrong or moral or immoral.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 AM

118 posts, read 282,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
I can't even imagine that 1 person, let alone 6, can do something of that magnitude to someone, especially of a mentally handicapped nature. The more sickening thing is thinking how many people like these are still residing in my hometown.
See, I told you dude. I bet a few of these people are no strangers to the courthouse courtyard. Makes you wonder how many more packs of sickos are wandering around that town. These people obviously have friends who weren't involved in this crime. Since there appears to be no motive aside from the thrill of murdering someone, logic would suggest that the friends of the killers are just as big of scumbags as the killers themselves. These are your neighbors.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 AM

118 posts, read 282,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Hopefully the State of Pennsylvania can fire up "Ol' Sparky" for these kind folks if they are convicted of their crimes. Doing something like this to a mentally handicapped person is beyond my comprehension.

6 charged in woman's brutal killing
This is pretty bad. Normally I'm opposed to the death penalty, but these people should be slowly and publicly disemboweled and the mothers who bore them should undergo forced sterilization.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM

91 posts, read 237,763 times
You know... I grew up right on the edge of Greensburg in Penn Township. It boggles my mind that this can happen there, but I guess it shows that no place is immune to horror.
Usually I'm for the death penalty (eye for an eye and all that good stuff), however I have a REALLY hard time putting mentally handicapped people to death (I'm not saying that they all are in this case). I wish that our justice system worked in such a way that people that KNOWINGLY commit murder/vicious crimes and are mentally sound were put to death shortly after their trial. Then we could "institutionalize" people that are truly handicapped and keep them sectioned away from society for life. But, thats just my opinon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: