Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:10 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Both "men" need to grow up.
Agreed. I'm so sick of hearing about Baby Ben. I'm sure this won't be the last time. He reminds me of an immature frat boy that will never learn. Not until he is found guilty of something or loses his job, he'll be at it again.

I really, really think he likes the attention he's getting. Pathetic loser.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
When I heard the latest news, I decided that he might not be a criminal, but he's apparently a total jerk. I don't believe that he is some innocent nice person who is the target of money hungry women. If those women were the norm, all wealthy sports professionals would be in the news like Ben. The fact Ben is constantly finding himself in this situation tells me that he's not a very nice person, and he's angering women he treats like dirt. It might be legal, but it says a lot about his character. He's just another high school jock who never grew up.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM

419 posts, read 447,949 times
I love his statement he made as he read it off a sheet of paper. His attorney probably had to write it in size 18 font and make sure he didn't use any large words that Big Dumb Ben couldn't handle.

"Me happy to put this behind me. Me sorry. Me want to be Steeler. Me want to be role model to kids. I throw football. I'm privilged and blessed. Trust me, and God bless."

Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
He seems to be widely known for being an a-hole, and he is widely known for being an idiot as well, if not before then at least by now. Like the DA said, grow up. How many times does this crap have to happen before you use some sense? Don't put yourself into these situations. You can't. That's just life for you as a celebrity. You can't do anything that might even remotely be taken the wrong way. Period.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
I'd trade him now before the draft. What's the chances of the Steelers going to the Superbowl this year, pretty low. The team is aging, what's the average age, 34? Time to reload, package him with the kicker and start over.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Way to overreact, everybody.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:31 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
So is it true , the people of Pittsburgh don't like there Big Ben?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So is it true , the people of Pittsburgh don't like there Big Ben?
I have no problem with people criticizing Ben Roethlisberger. I'm just as angry about what he did as anybody, and I've criticized him plenty enough. What I have a problem with is the pure, concentrated hatred I've seen directed at him, plus the implications that he'll never change. We simply don't know whether he will or not. Only time will tell.

Of course, not knowing whether or not his sexual encounter in Milledgeville, GA was consentual hasn't stopped people from labeling him a "rapist" anyway, nor has the lack of evidence. You want ignorance? Go to any sports-related message board and you'll see plenty of it from Steeler fans and non-Steeler fans alike.

Furthermore, those Steeler fans who insist on the team getting rid of Roethlisberger simply because they did the same to Santonio Holmes not only fail to see the bigger picture involving the replaceability of a QB versus a WR, but also strike me as a bunch of ass-kissers trying to say what fans of other teams want to hear.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,350,561 times
"Appearing on Mike and Mike in the Morning Tuesday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen predicted that Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended by the NFL despite avoiding charges that he sexually assaulted a girl in March.
Mort made it clear that this isn't a report, but predicted that Big Ben will -- at the least -- be subject to regular drug testing after allegedly supplying the 20-year-old student with enough shots to get her "highly intoxicated" before taking her into a bathroom. If Roethlisberger is suspended, Mort predicted a similar situation to Brandon Marshall's last year, with the ban being reduced from two games to one after the player meets certain behavior standards. Roethlisberger is meeting with the commish on Tuesday. Apr. 13 - 9:17 am"

Well I'd be less than shocked if Ben gets suspended and the Steelers go after somebody like McCoy or even Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round, or maybe somebody like Snead, Pike of Lefevour in th 4-7th round. I wouldn't put it past the Rooney's to ditch Ben outright before the season begins, but I think he'll get another season with us...and potentially be gone depending on fan reception, the team's record, and how well he performs. Bad season = byby to our big overgrown 'tard of a QB.

I know that he wasn't found "guilty", but the DA's press conference more or less spelled it out that Ben got the girl drunk intentionally and used his bodyguard to set up some bathroom time...he's always had a rep for being a total idiot around town, but there's nobody out there who can possibly try to defend him as a person at this point. He's just disgusting and needs to grow up. The knock on Tebow is that he probably needs 2 or 3 years of development just to be able to give QB'ing in the NFL a shot...hey, I say we draft him as a long-term QB project but most importantly as a short-term character coach for Ben. We can toss in a nice contractual bonus for acting as Ben's "external conscience" and toss in performance related monitary incentives based on Ben's conduct.

Ben's new slickback mullet also isn't helping things.

Last edited by TelecasterBlues; 04-13-2010 at 08:45 AM..

Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
If he has any ounce of common sense he'll stop putting himself into a position where someone can easily accuse him of improprieties during the course of an evening out. This means he probably should avoid night clubs and bars altogether.

It's probably a gray area here with both sides being a bit guilty of something. Since there is no physical evidence that he raped her it is clear that she was probably pretty drunk and only imagined something took place. My guess is at worst they were probably groping one another a lot but little else happened.

Big Ben is developing a reputation and it is possible that some women are going to target him for that reason thinking that they can eventually win a case against him. It has been known to happen. But at the same time he needs to develop a sixth sense of sorts and determine which women he meets are sincere about wanting to have a real relationship and those that do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh