Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,774 times

Advertisements

Looks like Big Ben lost an endorsement for beef jerky. Beaver County Times:*Big Ben loses beef jerky deal (http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/april/13/big-ben-loses-beef-jerky-contract.html - broken link)

Too bad. The commercial could have said, " Most college coeds agree that beef jerky tastes great. A beefy jerk? Not so much."

Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
yeah, i can see how "‘I told him it wasn’t OK. No. We don’t need to do this. And I proceeded to get up and try to leave." is a really vague statement that means she really wanted to have sex with him.

is it any wonder that rapes often go unreported, or victims don't follow through with prosecution, when they face responses like this? "sorry, you didn't say no hard enough". gross.
When the alleged victim first spoke to police, they asked her if she had been raped, and she said "no." Then she told the doctors that "a boy kinda raped me." ("Kinda raped"? That must be like "somewhat dead.") So which is it?

She also had a fake ID confiscated by that very nightclub just a few weeks prior to the incident, so let's not pretend that she's some innocent Southern magnolia either. In fact, I think she's just as stupid as Roethlisberger is.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:47 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times
And another thing, I was listening to Bradshaw ripping the **** out of Ben. I've really never cared much for Bradshaw, but at least I respect him for who he is and the fact that he says it how it is, something that Ben clearly still needs to get in his head.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM

Terry Bradshaw is my favorite old-school Steeler.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
And another thing, I was listening to Bradshaw ripping the **** out of Ben. I've really never cared much for Bradshaw, but at least I respect him for who he is and the fact that he says it how it is, something that Ben clearly still needs to get in his head.
I read the highlights of what Bradshaw said. He's spot on, probably including the bit that Roethlisberger won't listen to him.

Perhaps he will listen to the same message coming from others.

They need to have continuing education in common sense in all the big pro sports leagues.

BTW, I don't buy that this wouldn't be heavily covered news in some other NFL city or whatever the gripe is. It's not all over the news in New York if it's Eli Manning? Come on, get real. You might convince me that there's a little more local attention to the Steelers in the off-season than there is given in some other cities to their NFL team, but this kind of news is always going to be big anywhere.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 PM

199 posts, read 521,214 times
Ben is on the news (mostly radio, though I did see a snippet of info on a couple of TV stations) here in Knoxville, TN. It's not just in Pittsburgh.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Kobe Bryant made the national news in 2003. Those creepy, sports-obsessed Yinzers in Los Angeles!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I agree. If the Steeler fans weren't so rabid, maybe this crap wouldn't be on the news. Everytime Baby Ben sneezes he's on the news. There is more to life than the Frickin' Steelers!

I remember a few years ago around Halloween one of the local news outlets HAD to do a stroy about what the Steelers were giving trick or treaters. At that point on I knew that this Steelermania was ridiculousand embarrassing. I think the fans and media fan the flames too much.

Maybe Ben will leave,the Steelers will suck as bad as the pirates and no one will care anymore. (wishful thinkking)
A similar story was once done in Denver about what John Elway was giving out. That's what happens on a low news day.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 PM

441 posts, read 766,234 times
Adding to the "It's not just in Pittsburgh" comments: my father, who lives in DC and doesn't even pay attention to sports, saw headlines about it down there and asked me about the Roethlisberger story.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 PM

On a somewhat related note, I really, really get sick and tired of people who think that some phenomenon that they don't like is exclusive to Pittsburgh, and then blame the city for it night and day, and try to use it as a reason why Pittsburgh is such a "miserable place." Whether it's racism, bad manners, obsession with sports, or any other litany of things, if you really think that these are all just "'Burgh things," then quite frankly, you're stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh