U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,637 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately I'm in a terrible situation. Because of circumstances beyond my control I am in need of divorce advice.

I do not care about cost, and I am looking for someone with many years of experience in PA.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:36 PM

4,931 posts, read 3,302,909 times
Are you M or F? I hear radio commercials for lawyers who specialize in one or the other? I'm not in the market, though, so I don't remember their names.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM

663 posts, read 708,466 times
Carol McCarthy: McCarthy McDonald Schulberg & Joy

Also, Raphael Ramsden & Behers is one of the best: Pittsburgh Family Law Attorney PA | Child Spousal Support Lawyer Allegheny County PA | Fox Chapel Pennsylvania

Old 04-14-2010, 09:04 AM

3,370 posts, read 3,071,971 times
Gary Gentile.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM

146 posts, read 169,879 times
You may want to check out http://www.gorillalawyer.com

Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 AM

8,449 posts, read 7,633,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
Gary Gentile.

I knew the guy years ago when we belonged to a local club. He is one funny guy on top of being a great lawyer.

He represented Joe Hardy's first wife. He told everyone when he was done the company would be called 42 Lumber.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:49 PM

8,449 posts, read 7,633,097 times
Tried to rep ya Rob, but I guess I gotta spread it around.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,637 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
Carol McCarthy: [URL="http://www.mmsj.com/bio_mccarthy.php"]McCarthy McDonald Schulberg & Joy[/URL]

Also, Raphael Ramsden & Behers is one of the best: [URL="http://www.pafamilylawfirm.com/"]Pittsburgh Family Law Attorney PA | Child Spousal Support Lawyer Allegheny County PA | Fox Chapel Pennsylvania[/URL]

Thank you Burghgirl17. This is a very difficult thing to face and I had no idea where to start. Thank you once again.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:38 PM

663 posts, read 708,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepoint View Post
You may want to check out http://www.gorillalawyer.com
I've seen that advertised around, but only now checked it out I'm an attorney and I'm not listed, nor is my firm (which is a pretty good sized firm). I also tried the names of several of the older attorneys in my firm, and their names also resulted in zero search results.

Upon further review, only firms and attorneys that PAY to be listed are listed. That is not a good way to find a reputable attorney. I did a search for civil litigation attorneys, and only 1 firm came up! There must be 100 or more firms in Pittsburgh that do civil litigation! There are also a number of firms listed under other categories that I have never even heard of.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 AM

146 posts, read 169,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
I've seen that advertised around, but only now checked it out I'm an attorney and I'm not listed, nor is my firm (which is a pretty good sized firm). I also tried the names of several of the older attorneys in my firm, and their names also resulted in zero search results.

Upon further review, only firms and attorneys that PAY to be listed are listed. That is not a good way to find a reputable attorney. I did a search for civil litigation attorneys, and only 1 firm came up! There must be 100 or more firms in Pittsburgh that do civil litigation! There are also a number of firms listed under other categories that I have never even heard of.
I understand that the site is supported by fees, and didn't claim otherwise. I provided the link solely as an additional resource after having heard/watched advertisements for the site. If you're going to argue that firms/solo's that pay for space on the site are sub-par, I'll leave that battle for you to take up. FWIW I am in no way affiliated with the site.

That being said, upon further review, only firms and attorneys that PAY to be listed as big pretty pictures are posted on the back cover of the phone book. I don't think this subtracts from their ability to practice law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh