Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,122,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Hey, what do you expect from a "Las Vegas Drunk".

LOL

Ken
Attack my screen name if you will because you have no case. I would rather be a drunk than a uniformed moron. We will talk in a year from now, ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,930,439 times
Quote:
So you are ADMITTING that the economy has turned around - even in MICHIGAN?

Good to know.
Now quit complaining about how bad the economy is.

Ken

Bone up on the reading skills.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,223,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Bone up on the reading skills.
I read JUST FINE thank you very much.

Ken

Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Attack my screen name if you will because you have no case. I would rather be a drunk than a uniformed moron. We will talk in a year from now, ok?
Well, the economy is recovering whether you like it or not.
The only questions are - how much and how fast?

Ken

Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,595,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
OP probably works for Obama as a full time spin doctor. You sound just like Robert Gibbs, please enough of the lies!
Did you think of that yourself? Clever.

Hmmm - this is your home town paper, right?

"A majority of Iowa's largest employers said Tuesday they expect sales, capital investment and hiring to improve or remain steady in the next six months.
The council's report showed 10 companies expect to hire more workers and seven companies see no change in employment."

Economists say Iowa recovering from recession

Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,122,738 times
Quote:
Well, the economy is recovering whether you like it or not.
The only questions are - how much and how fast?

Ken
Hey, I wish it was too. I would be thrilled if it was as I was hit by it myself. By reading your posts, I can tell you are most likely a 22 year old kid just out of college who thinks they know it all. Unfortunately, you have been lied to big time. We are going into a huge depression that will exceed the Great Depression of 1929. There is no getting out of it with the severe debt we are now in.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,794,814 times
There's a boom in the imaginary job market - NYPOST.com

Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,131,087 times
Quote:
So AIRCRAFT ORDERS are not FACTORY ORDERS?
Last I heard, aircraft are produced in factories - and in fact commerical aircraft are one of America's TOP EXPORTS. In 2007 commercial aircraft was #2 (2nd only to semiconductors in regards to US exports). In 2008 aircraft orders were #1 (with semiconductors #2). In 2009 commerical aircraft was AGAIN #1 (with medicines #2 and semiconductors #3).

Top US Imports & Exports 2009: Civilian Aircraft and Military Equipment Lead American Export Sales (http://import-export.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-us-imports--exports-2009 - broken link)
America's Top Imports & Exports 2008: U.S. Shows Trade Advantages in Civilian Aircraft and Semiconductors (http://import-export.suite101.com/article.cfm/americas_top_imports_exports_2008 - broken link)
Top American Exports in 2007: Leading USA Products Include Semiconductors and Civilian Aircraft

So petroleum and chemical products are not produced in factories?
Those products are produced in factories TOO.

Seems to me that CISCO is VERY HAPPY with their factory orders. Same is true for Caterpillar. BOTH of which have ALREADY boosted their hiring. Look at car orders, they are up AS WELL.

Ken
Well Ken, I go the next level deeper to see behind the numbers and it tells me that inventories are increasing but not due to consumer demand but corporate demand. We need consumer demand to really drive a recovery.

The consumer demand is just not there yet.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Ken, I go the next level deeper to see behind the numbers and it tells me that inventories are increasing but not due to consumer demand but corporate demand. We need consumer demand to really drive a recovery.

The consumer demand is just not there yet.
Actually consumer demand is increasing too - BUT you ARE right that the MAJOR driver in this recovery WILL be corporate demand rather than consumer demand. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Increasing corporate demand WILL lead to an increase in jobs, which in turn will lead to increased consumer demand. In any event, I don't really care WHO leads the way - as long as the way is FORWARD.

Ken

Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Hey, I wish it was too. I would be thrilled if it was as I was hit by it myself. By reading your posts, I can tell you are most likely a 22 year old kid just out of college who thinks they know it all.
Wrong AGAIN.
I'm and old fart - a recently retired IT professional.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies