Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,873,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you want to blame "W" for the sad state of the US economy, here's you opportunity to tell the world where he effed-up.
I do note that we're on page 22, and not one liberal has been able to list ONE thing Bush did to cause the economic problems.. Hell, they even want to blame Republicans in Congress because Democrats didnt take action..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 11:13 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,917,309 times
Quote:
Looking for me to bail you out?

I asked the question?

If you want to blame "W" for the sad state of the US economy, here's you opportunity to tell the world where he effed-up.

One poster suggested that taxes were too low and this caused a recession. While laughable, it is at least an attempt to connect an initiative of "W" with an outcome of that initiative and addresses the question asked, even if it is silly and illogical.

I stand by my first post..Iraq you don't wanna buy that or any other opinions others have posted, oh so many pages later. are you saying bush had nothing to do with the mess the economy was in when BO took office? just what was his responsibilities and how did he do such a great job of it. maybe you can make me a fan

Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,236,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I do note that we're on page 22, and not one liberal has been able to list ONE thing Bush did to cause the economic problems.. Hell, they even want to blame Republicans in Congress because Democrats didnt take action..

The dirty little secret is most of what caused our financial perfect storm was accomplished by Clinton. I will blame "W" for failing to take stronger action to rein in the GSEs that were busy bundling these toxic assets that became the highly leveraged CDOs that Clinton deregulated. In a lot of ways "W" was a do-nothing president for most of his second term, but I also give due credit to the left-wing smear machine for working so hard to make him politically impotent and irrelevant. They did a masterful job of rewriting the history of the Iraq War once it became clear that no WMDs would be found inside Iraq. This was the green light leftist lawmakers were looking for that permitted them to distance themselves from military operations they authorized. All that was left to do then was claim they were duped by one person into supporting the war. The truth is the Democrat's own words betray their lies, but you won't hear about that from the Ministry of Truth or any of the Soros funded operations.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Presidents dont control the economy. Seriously, its like many of you guys failed in school...

Here, this might help

How does the executive branch of the government control the economy? - Yahoo! Answers

so when you have a gripe about how obama is handling the job of economic recovery, I can say he has nothing to do with it?

Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 PM

22,121 posts, read 19,333,974 times
Quote:
So Reagan and Bush got a free pass from their respective Democratic Congresses?

I guess Democratic Congresses held Clinton and BO's feet to the fire?

The official budgets adopted by Congress under Reagan and Bush were always very close to the budgets they proposed.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
Quote:

Jee, i-dunno.

I guess we could have simply waited to see what happened next.

Why not?
If you use September 11th as your justification for Iraq than you really don't know.

And you really don't.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so when you have a gripe about how obama is handling the job of economic recovery, I can say he has nothing to do with it?
As much as I've b*tched about Obama, very little of my postings have been about his handling of the economy. I've complained about bills he's SIGNED into law which affects the economy.

Again, what bills did Bush sign which caused our economic problems?

Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If you use September 11th as your justification for Iraq than you really don't know.
Considering terrorist camps were INSIDE of Iraq, its indeed justification.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:27 PM

22,121 posts, read 19,333,974 times
Quote:
Right.. The old excuse, "Republicans are to blame because Democrats didnt do anything" Give it a rest because its nothing but bs..
The fiscal policies at the time the economy collapsed was the exact same fiscal policies that were in place the years before

Quote:
They didnt need to have enough to avoid a filibuster or veto threat.. Do you have a clue how Washington works?
Nothing was going to get passed in the Senate that the GOP did not want.

Quote:
Ahh, more excuses for incompetence.. "Republican are coming, Republicans are coming"!!!

Actually its not.. The money is paying soldiers who support their families back home, (unless you think they took their children to war with them), its paying companies to build weapons, paying contractors to provide services, transportation, fuel.. I mean seriously, this is getting pathetic..
The $$ was heavily spent overseas, in contractors (Halliburton's) back pocket through no bid contracts. Soldiers are paid whether or not we are at war.

Quote:
Admit it, your making this up as you go along..
Families living below the poverty rates
1991 - 12.8%
1992 - 13.3%
1993 -13.6%
1994 - 13.1%
1995 - 12.3%
1996 - 12.2%
1997 - 11.6%
1998 - 11.2%
1999 - 10.3%
2000 - 9.6%
2001 - 9.9%
2002 - 10.4%
2003 - 10.8%
2004 - 11.0%
2005 - 10.8%
2006 - 10.6%

per US Census Bureau, Clinton didnt hit single digits ONCE
AHEM, who was President in 2000?? When Clinton took office the poverty rate was over 13%, when he left it was under 10% and at record lows, then Bush took office and unemployment went back up.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Considering terrorist camps were INSIDE of Iraq, its indeed justification.
they were not in Iraq until after we got there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies