Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:01 AM

442 posts, read 965,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Just 5?
Well yes, those are just the ones that come out...you know Obama, Mrs Obama, mom-in-law. and the 2 younger girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
...or, more likely, you've been overwhelmed by the number of MASSIVE problems you've inherited from the previous administration.
If you are overwhelmed, perhaps you are just simply not the right person for the job! EVERY new President has had huge problems left on his doorstep by the past administration. Most of them have buckled down and done their best to make the problems their own, and deal with them.
This administration is too busy pointing fingers at others, blaming others, and failing to take responsibility for their own inaction.
You can be part of the solution, or you can be part of the problem. So far, there has been a notable lack of solutions.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The distance between the president and the christian right wingnuts is certainly being
revealed and rightfully so...
The distance between the president and christians, the right, the middle, the Dem. party, other world leaders and most Americans is certainly being revealed.

There.....I fixed it for 'ya.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times
Quote:
...or, more likely, you've been overwhelmed by the number of MASSIVE problems you've inherited from the previous administration.
If Obama was even a mediocre leader he could delegate to more competent people but it appears he has no one competent to delegate to.

Surrounding yourself with clones is very bad management and has definitely caused him to be overwhelmed.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
A great part of America now understands that this president's sense of identification lies elsewhere, and is in profound ways unlike theirs. He is hard put to sound convincingly like the leader of the nation, because he is, at heart and by instinct, the voice mainly of his ideological class. He is the alien in the White House, a matter having nothing to do with delusions about his birthplace cherished by the demented fringe.
Most of us have known this from the beginning. His views, upbringing, ideology and the people that have surrounded him and shaped his "alien" views have been with him his whole life, starting with his mother and her various "friends".

He is truly "other", whose values and beliefs are indeed alien to the majority of America.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Obama is little more than a figurehead.....proof that America has overcome its racial past sufficiently to elect a black man as President. He was "chosen" for this office and whatever powers-that-be made sure he was running against someone of another era, someone whose time was past. Unfortunately, Obama has proven to be a man of little substance. His mettle is being tested and he is coming up short. He is defensive, thin-skinned and easily irritated. The shining armor is falling from him like flakes of dandruff. Independents and even some of his strongest supporters are beginning to see that this emperor has no clothes. He knows he is in trouble and the great danger is that he will try and ram through as much of his far Left, big government programs as he can while he still has Congressional backing. I just hope he can be hamstrung in the November elections so Congress can get a headlock on him. Gridlock is looking better and better all the time. Unfortunately, Obama has learned how to bypass Congress.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
I have often thought that anyone who wants the job of POTUS is either insane or has an ego the size of the universe. Or both.

It's a no win situation. You can have a great agenda but you lose control of it between the bureaucrats and Congress. I remember during the election reading an outline of Obama's idea about healthcare. It seemed to make sense to me. But once Congress got a hold of it, I saw no connection with the original outline except for the ideas he put forth on a minimum level. Now it's a total freaking mess. But in his mind at least there is something there.

Anyway, there are only two Presidents that I ever felt had a real connection with me at least and they were Kennedy and Reagan. They knew how to relate to the people. Therefore I don't think they were as defensive in public as the others have been.

On some level I think all Presidents are out of touch and therein lies their problems. They work to hard to get their points across, usually don't, then become defensive.

JMO.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Most of us have known this from the beginning. His views, upbringing, ideology and the people that have surrounded him and shaped his "alien" views have been with him his whole life, starting with his mother and her various "friends".

He is truly "other", whose values and beliefs are indeed alien to the majority of America.
Unfortunately, the people got caught up in what seemed like a Knight in shinning armour and completely ignored the red flags, many still do. Of course it did not help that he was running against Methuselah.

McCain brought in Sara to counter Obama's youth, and charisma which he sorely lacked.

It's all politics and the general public needs to learn to do some research before going to the polls.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
The distance between the president and the people is beginning to be revealed.
Revealed? I guess you'll use the word "transparent" next.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
BFD, every administration inherits massive problems. But Obama sold America on his competence while trashing Bush.

We on the right frantically pointed out his total lack of executive experience, but the left claimed this was an asset, so now the country has to struggle with a president clearly over his head.

Thanks a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies