Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,697 times

Advertisements

LOL, captain kickass planning a coup? I don't think he has motivation or the ability, so yeah I pretty much agree with the author of the article. Not possible.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why is this the only image that comes to mind reading such silliness?

Just as I pictured YOU! My goodness, we have common ground here in our mental images!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Just as I pictured YOU! My goodness, we have common ground here in our mental images!
Only with lots of medals...

Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,662 times
We can agree to disagree. You view the Constitution differently. It already has been violated over and over "To protect us" they say. Forcing Americans to buy or pay fines for not buying a product the government orders. So is there a line that they cross that would ever make you think they were doing something unconstitutional or feeling enough is enough in controling your life and taxing Americans for their spending wims. Using your tax dollars to bribe someone to pass bills their way. When do you think enough is enough? Why do you think what they are doing is so constitutional? What about 90% of the bills passed secretly, are without a vote?

Repubx Video- DeMint Over 90% of bills passed secretly with no debate, no vote

Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been involve in many places where I claimed that there will probably be a coup that is reached by the declaring of martial law before our upcoming election. Can that be possible? This man says it just can't happen no matter what. I don't agree but he makes a lot of sense.

American Thinker: Rumors of a Coup
I dunno, are you still going to take me up on our bet regarding this roy? A stalwart American hero like yourself should put his money where his mouth his.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
http://www.leftspot.com/blog/files/d...MSummation.pdf

Take a look at this little gem, and think real hard about the question asked here in this topic.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
I have been involve in many places where I claimed that there will probably be a coup that is reached by the declaring of martial law before our upcoming election. Can that be possible? This man says it just can't happen no matter what. I don't agree but he makes a lot of sense.

Obama has caused quite a bit of damage to the nation, but nothing so far that would merit a coup. His interference with the Sestak election is certainly an impeachable offense, but I would not count on it with the current senate and congress. I would think that if Obama planned to grant amnesty to illegals or directly collaborated with our enemies (rather than indirectly as he is doing now) the military would probably act. Another definite possibility would be if Obama tried to steal the next election via a massive ACORN stunt, then perhaps the military would remove him then. The man is certainly an enemy of the nation, but so far our laws have kept him modestly contained. If and when he markedly steps out of those boundries, then he probably has a problem.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:

Is this just a reprint from the Bush years? Seems like they just changed some names and dates.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Shouldn't those patriots who are planning a coup be arrested and tried for treason?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Absolutely not going to happen.

Incidentally, that's the same thing I said in 2008 when people were claiming that Bush was going to do the same thing to cancel the election and hold onto power.
I heard that about Reagan and Clinton, too. Didn't happen then, either. Tinfoil time.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:01 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,541,295 times
This discussion brings to mind the old movie/book, "Seven Days in May." The premise was a military takeover. A major factor in creating a successful coup was taking over communications, limiting what was seen and heard, controlling information. While it might have been possible 30-50 years ago, the internet and communications have come a long way to prevent it. For example, look at what happened to the Soviet Union when the communists tried take over in 1991. I believe the communists were unable to control communications allowing the truth to get out to the general populace and army.

As to the original article, I agree a successful coup is not possible for the same reason as the failed Soviet coup. No one can fully control communications so dissenting words and the truth will get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies