Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
In any event, I still hold to my prior statements that both parties are beholden to the corporatistwhore party above all and at best, the citizens of this country might wish for some table scraps from time to time.
So true! So sad, but so true. If we ever got corporate money out of elections, then we'd really see some change. I'm afraid the corporations hold so much power that we'll never get it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Worse, partisans on the supreme court are deliberately trying to make it worse for partisan advantage. It's a crock.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Bentbow, why is it so hard to defend your predictions??
Not sure if you haven't been around the boards since, but if you have been Still waiting.....

Old 06-12-2010, 08:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
There will be cheering in the streets............

Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Same crap, different name...
I'm glad you get it...same stuff, different name...

Absolutly nothing will change...

I mean just 2 years ago people were screaming for 'change'....now their screaming for 'change' again...

When are folks gonna learn that the happiness to your future doesn't lie in the political system and the constant shuffling of politions???

Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are joking right? You meean the last 8 years (and even before that) you feel that everything was "ok" and the system was not broken. Question do you own part of a Oil company or have massive quanities of Haliburton?

No, no no!

This goes back 100 years. No, I own no stocks what so ever. I'm not a gambler.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
nothing will happen because everything will still be the same.

i never understood why people couldnt comprehend that dems and repubs are one and the same.

people feel though that they need to "root for" someone, get behind a party to feel like they can choose a winner and that they are important, which is why they play this dem vs. repub game.

i was the same way before, but just realized it was pointless in the end.

so the simple answer is, as long as the politicians are backed by all these corporations who come first, not you, thats what you need to understand.

you do not matter, the corporations who back these politicians matter. as long as it stays that way nothing will change.

people think they matter though, that there vote counts. that electing new people will save them.

i say good luck with that crap.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Still waiting for you to attempt to defend your 14 (or at least 12) Senate prediction by naming the seats....

I need to defend my position?
The November elections will defend my position.
I can't have a wild guess? Who died and made you President?

There are 8 that are a given, that will be switched from a Dem seat to a Rep seat.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Are we in an era where we need to cut spending and have less government? Will the economy just iron itself out with less government?
Is that a trick question? Every Senator that we can get like Dino Rossi (who is running against the pathetic Patty Murray in WA), who promises to "NOT bring home the bacon" will be one step closer to saving this country.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, if they take the House and the Senate, they can roll back some of the disastrous obamacare law....by NOT funding the creation of more than 150 NEW departments, by NOT funding the hiring of 15,000 NEW IRS agents, by NOT funding a lot of the legislation that expands the federal government.
He's making another $50 billion URGENT request.

"President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery."

washingtonpost.com

How about telling those state governments to stop spending so much and maybe the feds stop giving them unfunded mandates? I don't want to pay for California's and New York's excesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies