Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are the ages of posters here?
18-25 28 15.05%
26-32 26 13.98%
33-40 44 23.66%
41-50 39 20.97%
50-65 64 34.41%
Over 65 11 5.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

There should have been a 12-17 catagory. I once received a friend request and when I checked their profile before accepting, they stated they were 12 yrs old. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
In dog years, I'm dead

Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No wonder that this site leans so conservatively. Over half are 40 years and up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Eh, don't count me. I'm confused remember?
I'm with Catrick. I think the older ones who have responded tend to be among the more liberal members of this board. Several of us have noted how we became more liberal with age. I think that's because "cons" tend to see things in such a "black and white" perspective, and the older you get, the more you know that's not the way life is.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:43 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm with Catrick. I think the older ones who have responded tend to be among the more liberal members of this board. Several of us have noted how we became more liberal with age. I think that's because "cons" tend to see things in such a "black and white" perspective, and the older you get, the more you know that's not the way life is.
I see it exactly the opposite. I was quite liberal in my early years. Had a bad case of "save-the-world" idealism. As I got older I became more sensible and realistic--and thus more conservative. I don't think I am unique--in fact, I think I am more the norm. I am very moderate on many of today's issues but, on the whole, I stand firmly in the conservative camp.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
I am old enough to know better, but too old to get into trouble. 56 yrs old.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I see it exactly the opposite. I was quite liberal in my early years. Had a bad case of "save-the-world" idealism. As I got older I became more sensible and realistic--and thus more conservative. I don't think I am unique--in fact, I think I am more the norm. I am very moderate on many of today's issues but, on the whole, I stand firmly in the conservative camp.
A number of us say we've gotten more liberal over the years. I saw that in my parents, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I started out conservative and became more liberal throughout the years.

As a result, I'm one of those crucial Registered Republican Swing Voters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
A couple of years short of 60...........and more progressive then ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I was raised in a very conservative household and stayed conservative for some time. I have gotten very liberal over the years, thankfully. I'm 40, btw.
Quote:
61 years young. I was quite conservative as a teen/very young adult, by the time of my first presidential election, I was a liberal Dem and voted for McGovern in 72. I've never voted for a Republican for pres, but have voted for them for other offices. (I did "cross over" and vote for John Anderson for pres in the 1980 Illinois primary.) I haven't always voted for the Dem candidate for pres. either. Back when CO only had a handful of electoral votes and no one cared about us, I voted for some 3rd party candidates.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:53 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Old enough to have grown out of my young liberal days. Older, wiser, and now a proud 38 year old conservative.
I was going to post something very similar.

I'm 58. I'm old enough to have grown out of my young liberal days, and also the following time period during which I flirted with conservatism (when I first started earning some decent money and was concerned only about me, me, me!).

I'm older, hopefully wiser, and proud to be back solidly in the liberal camp.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am 40. I am having a hard time with this. I just feel so old.
Damn! I'm 45, and I DO feel a bit less....enthusiastic...when I get out of bed than I did 20 years ago. But, I have to keep up with my son, and that keeps me motivated. Youth is wasted on the young , don't you think? I cannot remember ever having had much of a 'liberal' view on anything, going back to when I started to from political opinions. My formative years came under Carter, so the latter viewpoint never had a chance, and never will.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
A number of us say we've gotten more liberal over the years. I saw that in my parents, too.
I was thinking more of what I have observed IRL, not here on this forum. I've known a few people who were ultra-conservative in their early years--mostly from very strict, religious upbringings and became more liberal in their later years but I know far more who became sensible, practical conservatives or moderate/conservatives as they aged. Guess it works both ways.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I was thinking more of what I have observed IRL, not here on this forum. I've known a few people who were ultra-conservative in their early years--mostly from very strict, religious upbringings and became more liberal in their later years but I know far more who became sensible, practical conservatives or moderate/conservatives as they aged. Guess it works both ways.
I agree with you about the part that it works both ways. However, all of us posters have "real" lives as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies