Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,571,500 times

Advertisements

Vote in This Urgent Poll

NewsMax.com, one of America's leading online news services, is conducting an urgent national online poll.

NewsMax will provide the results of this poll to major media. Additionally, NewsMax's results will be shared with every major radio talk show host in America.

NewsMax reports have been cited by national major media, including Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.

Don't miss this opportunity to let your voice be heard! Many media outlets and national leaders are interested in your opinion. Hundreds of media outlets have reported on NewsMax's online polls. Your vote does count!

NewsMax.com: America's News Page (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 03:47 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
IMUS who? lol

Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,353 times
I differ with NewsMax. Only those who want to defend the truly trashy will defend Imus. Limbaugh is an intellectual, and Hannity an endowed chair professor, by comparison.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:44 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,144,940 times
Default Hell yes!

I am anxiously waiting for Imus' return to radio. I never understood why he was put on MSNBC in the first place. He was an in your face shock jock, why put him on a newschannel?
Sharpton continues to pull an OJ Simpson (I'll never stop looking for Nicole's killer), as I haven't seen any protests on rap artists, nor any record deals collapse. Come to think of it, formerly fat Al Roker put his foot in his mouth over his bad joke on epileptics. Since he made such a big deal about Imus not being allowed "in my house(NBC)", I guess its alright to offend handicapped people on NBC programs. Wonder if the sponsors will have the balls to demand his firing? Probably not, as the hypocrisy continues!
The pundits on MSNBC, Russell, Scarborough, Matthews, Gregory et al have a lot of explaining to do. Imus helped them become wealthy by peddling their books on his program. Then something happens, and they scurry to hide like the vermin they are. They don't even have the guts to back up their gravy train.
I miss Imus's irreverant humor. It certainly is not for everyone. To those who want something more "intellectual" (although I wouldn't exactly call Rush or Sean vastly intelligent, and they are so full of themselves it is nauseating), just change the dial. If you are looking for pure political talk shows, Imus isn't going to be for you.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 PM

52 posts, read 122,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I am anxiously waiting for Imus' return to radio. I never understood why he was put on MSNBC in the first place. He was an in your face shock jock, why put him on a newschannel?
Sharpton continues to pull an OJ Simpson (I'll never stop looking for Nicole's killer), as I haven't seen any protests on rap artists, nor any record deals collapse. Come to think of it, formerly fat Al Roker put his foot in his mouth over his bad joke on epileptics. Since he made such a big deal about Imus not being allowed "in my house(NBC)", I guess its alright to offend handicapped people on NBC programs. Wonder if the sponsors will have the balls to demand his firing? Probably not, as the hypocrisy continues!
The pundits on MSNBC, Russell, Scarborough, Matthews, Gregory et al have a lot of explaining to do. Imus helped them become wealthy by peddling their books on his program. Then something happens, and they scurry to hide like the vermin they are. They don't even have the guts to back up their gravy train.
I miss Imus's irreverant humor. It certainly is not for everyone. To those who want something more "intellectual" (although I wouldn't exactly call Rush or Sean vastly intelligent, and they are so full of themselves it is nauseating), just change the dial. If you are looking for pure political talk shows, Imus isn't going to be for you.
If you have not seen any news about Al Sharpton protesting rap music you have not been looking hard enough. He has been a man of his word regarding his stance against rap music.

Do you even know what Al Roker said and the context of his statement? Because if you did you would understand why it was not big news.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $how Me $tate Bred View Post
If you have not seen any news about Al Sharpton protesting rap music you have not been looking hard enough. He has been a man of his word regarding his stance against rap music.

Do you even know what Al Roker said and the context of his statement? Because if you did you would understand why it was not big news.
I haven't seen any results from Rev Al. I saw his march in April cancelled. Yes, the context was regarding the Olympic logo. He was trying to be funny, just as Imus was, and said something stupid that offended people. If the morals police is firing people like Imus for offending others, then Roker should be fired as well.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
If everyone was censored for saying stuff that offended someone we would be a very quiet community indeed.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 AM

I agree. The problem with Roker is that he is such a hypocrite. Everyone who does a live show at one time or another has stuck his foot in his mouth. That is one of the dangers of working live. Its just that Roker was so vehement in his holier than thou crusade against Imus, that I feel he should get the same treatment as Imus. Roker was hired as a weatherman, not to be a comedian. Just tells us the weather, then shut up.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Imus was ultimately fired because of losing $$$$$! Free speech in the workplace is a myth! Live with it!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,262,165 times
Default Uh...no.

I would rather not hear these "shock jocks" at all, but I guess as long as somebody does, they will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies