Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women seeking an abortion be required to view an image of the fetus?
Yes 14 17.50%
No 65 81.25%
Not sure 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times

Advertisements

I would have to agree with Crist on this for two reasons.

The first one would be that the vast majority of women who get abortions go through a process which I am sure isn't easy. They have to make a very tough decision and this would not help the situation. Remember, many abortions have to do with the health of the mother, the fetus, or other serious reasons. Not just oops I made a booboo. Why put those women through that?

Second, I thought Republicans were about getting government out of our lives? I agree with that. This bill is allowing the government in. Sorry. Just don't think it's necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 04:13 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
He keeps digging himself a hole. You want to murder your child you should be forced to see it before you do. Don't like that? Don't get pregnant.

In other words, you support Big Brother forcing people to have medical instruments placed inside their bodies? What's next, brain chips?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Well if you are trying to take votes away from the tea party favorite this didn't help his case. Rubio is the favorite right now which is why Crist is running as an independent.
Crist is running as an independent because the GOP has gone bat**** insane. The demand for only ideologically pure far right candidates is making the Republican party relevant only to a shrinking group of fundie nutbags.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Thank you Gov. Crist for doing the right thing.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Thank you Gov. Crist for doing the right thing.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM

888 posts, read 885,867 times
To all Anti-Abortionists:
Honestly, guys, I think you're getting it wrong. True Anti-Abortionists don't exist. We just have hippocrites. Here's my logic:

Life begins with a thought - not conception. Anti-Abortionists make a fundamental error here.
Getting pregnant is based on a culmination of events and decisions - and since thought is Life, Life begins WAY before conception.
The human instinct to procreate - this is a thought, therefore it is Life - Life begins at thought where our instinct tells us to procreate.

So, using the above logic, Life begins when I get the idea to jump my girlfriend's bones.
Therefore, anytime I do not act upon this urge (for whatever reason), I am cheating the chance to put a life on this Earth.
Anytime I use birth control, it is basically KILLING any chance to get my girlfriend pregnant, thus KILLING the chance for life, KILLING the thought of procreation, thus KILLING life.
Because, Life begins with a thought.

I'll give the anti-abortionists a hint:
Don't limit yourselves to abortion legislation like this. If you are truly anti-abortion (as opposed to hippocrites), not only will you try to make birth control illegal, but also it will be illegal for men to use the "pull out method", because pulling out effectively kills the chance for life - making it an effective abortion (that is, on the occasions where it works, LOL).

Any form of birth control, from the moment we have instinct to create - to the limits of "legally-defined abortion" is killing a life.

The true pro-lifer/anti-abortionist will advocate having sex without control on a constant basis, as much as our biology will allow.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Crist vetoes Fla. abortion ultrasound measure - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

I question the sincerity of everything Crist does, but in this case, I can at least say that I think he made a politically astute decision.
GOOD for Crist!! He is a Republican that I could almost vote for!!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Crist is running as an independent because the GOP has gone bat**** insane. The demand for only ideologically pure far right candidates is making the Republican party relevant only to a shrinking group of fundie nutbags.
I think that Crist can not only WIN but here is a SHOCKER- I would not be surprised to see an Obama-Crist ticket in 2012 should Biden elect not to run for VP again.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:20 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:

I question the sincerity of everything Crist does, but in this case, I can at least say that I think he made a politically astute decision.
You'd think the republicans would like this, you know, less government intrusion in our lives. Guess not.

Just like the bible the pick what they want to adhere to, the rest they discard.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:

I'm not a big Crist supporter, but will probably vote for him, if he makes it to the general election in November. He's now vetoed two bills (this one and SB6) about which I had strong feelings.

He may not be sincere, but he is voting my wishes ... and the pickings are slim in Florida this year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies