Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Somebody should get advice from GWB, I'm sure he has the answers...
I'm certain that Bush has better ideas than NO-SHObama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 10:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,973,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I'm certain that Bush has better ideas than NO-SHObama.
*coughing up a hairball*

Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,279,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
The finger needs to be pointed at (and only at) BP. All the engineers that get paid six figures to build those big oil drilling platforms should have had a back-up plan for just this kind of disaster. All they were and are concerned about was cutting corners to increase profits. Never mind the safety of our wetlands and wildlife. This is beyond ridiculous and devastating. These B(onehead) P(ricks) need to have everyone of their stores shutdown. NOW. And this is NOT a SPILL. It is a SPEW, that will resonate for hundreds of years. It's STUPID.
WOW! You really don't know what you are talking about!

I'm sick of all this back up plan bs. There was a backup plan, it is called a blowout preventer. However, this device failed. The backup plan failed (but there WAS a backup plan). So do they need a backup plan for the backup plan? Or how about a backup plan for the backup plan's backup plan? LOL.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,279,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
The finger needs to be pointed at (and only at) BP. All the engineers that get paid six figures to build those big oil drilling platforms should have had a back-up plan for just this kind of disaster. All they were and are concerned about was cutting corners to increase profits. Never mind the safety of our wetlands and wildlife. This is beyond ridiculous and devastating. These B(onehead) P(ricks) need to have everyone of their stores shutdown. NOW. And this is NOT a SPILL. It is a SPEW, that will resonate for hundreds of years. It's STUPID.
Also, why does it matter how much money an engineer makes? So what if they make six figures? Do you really think an engineer is the one who decided to save a few bucks and risk millions upon millions of dollars? That would be stupid, engineers aren't that stupid.

The real person to blame for this is the MMS who are SUPPOSED to inspect BLOW OUT PREVENTERS. Who runs the MMS? The government.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 AM

60 posts, read 46,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So blame Obama instead of BP? You haters don't stop do you?
Blame BP for the actual disaster

Blame Obama for being slow on the cleanup

Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oil Spill's Damage Far Greater than Once Thought - CBS News

What a disaster.

Too bad this administration didn't take any of the initial offers for tankers and other resources that were offered just days after the spill. Instead, they've been sitting their waiting over 1 1/2 MONTHS watching as the oil comes closer and closer to shore.

Experts Double Estimated Rate of Spill in Gulf - NYTimes.com

But wait, they KNEW the estimate they originally gave was at the minimum range of the flow.

I guess they didn't want to alarm the public, I guess they didn't feel the need to marshal ALL available resources over a month ago.

Scientists offer varied estimates, all high, on size of BP oil leak

God, what a clusterfark.

Is anybody in charge that knows what the heck they are doing?
Bobby Jendal is trying but now he is on their hit list.
Looks like anybody that tries to do something is the new Sarah Palin with a million "links" next to their name.
Oh well, guess somebody very high up will benefit from this, we just don't know the names or links.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:54 AM

37,150 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:

What a disaster.

Too bad this administration didn't take any of the initial offers for tankers and other resources that were offered just days after the spill. Instead, they've been sitting their waiting over 1 1/2 MONTHS watching as the oil comes closer and closer to shore.

But wait, they KNEW the estimate they originally gave was at the minimum range of the flow.

I guess they didn't want to alarm the public, I guess they didn't feel the need to marshal ALL available resources over a month ago.

God, what a clusterfark.

It's too bad that this administration didn't immediately sieze and freeze all of BP's U.S. holdings and assets until the well was capped and the cleanup paid for in full.

It's even worse that there are no laws being written to insure that tehre are check valves in place that will automatically cap a well should there be a recurrence of this foul episode. From what I have read they don't cost but $500,000.

Scandinavia has such laws and they have never had any problems.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,655,849 times
Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, obama has been president (what a friggin mistake that was, huh?) for almost a year and a half.

GWB has NOTHING to do with obama's NON response to the spill.
...I just fixed it for you sanrene...

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Thanks.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times
Quote:

What a disaster.

God, what a clusterfark.

Maybe our president will take this ecological disaster seriously now, and commit the many thousands of skimmers and other resources that have been available to him for over two months now.

It just infuriates me that this president, for whatever reason, will not commit everything we have to cleaning up this oil. He turns down help from over twenty nations, allows booms and skimmers to remain idle, all the while knowing that this oil is going to kill so much sea life and destroy so many jobs.

Why? Is it politics? Does he want an epic oil disaster crisis, to do as his Chief of Staff put it, "To do things you normally could not accomplish," as a way to promote his clean energy policies and cap & trade policies? Is he trying to make sure only American unions workers are allowed to pilot those skimmers? There is absolutely no reason to not except those skimmers offered over two months ago, from our foreign allies to help clean up this oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies