U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM

1,302 posts, read 749,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I love it when people start these kinds of thread. Gives me a chance to post this:
Yeah, good one. I've got to admit, you got me chuckling. A pick-up truck with a Confederate flag in the back window, and a whack-o testimonial to Islam on the tailgate. It's like a photo leading in to a joke that begins, "You know you're a redneck when..."

Old 06-16-2010, 11:15 AM

8,744 posts, read 6,626,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Islam does it at the point of a sword....or rifle nowadays.

Christianity does not do that...

Nor does Buddhism...

Or Hinduism it seems....

Or Judaism....

How odd,only one religion in todays world seems bent on taking control through violence.
Or Wiccans....

Or followers of Jainism....

Or Sikhism....

Or Shintoism...

It is only Islam. Why is it that Islam is the only religion who does what they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I love when people compare Christianity to Islam. Well Christianity went through a reformation. Christianity, for the most part, has evolved. Islam is still stuck in the 6th century.

As an atheist, even I acknowledge this.
I am an Atheist and defend Christianity all the time when compared to Islam. When people bring up Christianity when discussing Islam, I think they are weak. There are nuts in every religion but at least Christians as a majority have evolved. To me, Islam is just pathetic. The ONLY religion I do not respect 100 percent.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM

2,732 posts, read 4,219,547 times
I am an Atheist and defend Christianity all the time when compared to Islam. When people bring up Christianity when discussing Islam, I think they are weak. There are nuts in every religion but at least Christians as a majority have evolved. To me, Islam is just pathetic. The ONLY religion I do not respect 100 percent.[/quote]

As a christian good to hear this.
And i would add this, do some research about the life of Christ..
And the life lead by the Muhamed and compare

Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM

8,744 posts, read 6,626,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I am an Atheist and defend Christianity all the time when compared to Islam. When people bring up Christianity when discussing Islam, I think they are weak. There are nuts in every religion but at least Christians as a majority have evolved. To me, Islam is just pathetic. The ONLY religion I do not respect 100 percent.

As a christian good to hear this.
And i would add this, do some research about the life of Christ..
And the life lead by the Muhamed and compare[/quote]
I can say I have done research already. Last semester, I picked Christianity for my religions course. I learned a lot. It is a nice religion with the exception of the nuts. Even then with the nuts, it cannot compare to Islam.

Islam is just nutty alongside their pedophile hateful rapist prophet. Jesus Christ helped people, fed them, taught them morals, and was loving. He was great. Jesus Christ is one of the religious figures I have total respect for.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

3,802 posts, read 1,724,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
It's ironic how something (religion....all religions) that not's suppose to have anything to do with war, has been the number one reason for wars (not the only....just the number one reason).
That's because people are to stupid to stop killing each other.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

615 posts, read 121,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I believe Islam is a religion of Peace.
Unfortunately many muslim are not.
Funny you say that from Brazil, one of the most messed up places in the world. Brazil is full of drugs, violence, and sex, there are no Muslim countries close to being as bad as Brazil.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM

9,682 posts, read 3,467,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of course there are. But they aren't the ones at the forefront.
Sadly they are not. at the forefront are Al Quada, Hamas, the Saud Royal Family and the Ayatollah of Iran.

None of those represent modernist peaceful Islam.

there are two things that ought to be happening in the non-Islamic west.

First, we should not being playing the "but there are bad Christians too" game

Second, we should be pointing to the Modernists within Islam and offering them our hands in friendship all the while stating clearly that Islam as a major force in the world today has a very serious problem that has the potential of completely over running the religion entirely.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM

10,299 posts, read 6,984,640 times

YouTube - Alan Colmes with Muslim Extremist Yousef al-Khattab!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM

13,302 posts, read 6,503,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Well Sparky, I'm an atheist. So where does that put your argument?
I'm also an atheist, and I wasn't making an argument, just asked a question.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM

13,302 posts, read 6,503,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Funny you say that from Brazil, one of the most messed up places in the world. Brazil is full of drugs, violence, and sex, there are no Muslim countries close to being as bad as Brazil.
What's wrong with drugs and sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies