U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: a nation in decline
10,371 posts, read 10,858,572 times
Reputation: 3973

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The term infidel doesn't exist in Islam... The closest equivalent in Islam, kafir, refers to pagans, atheists, and polytheists, not Jews and Christians, who are considered people of the book.
"people of the book?" Which book?

 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Scotland
431 posts, read 343,539 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Anyone who says Islam is a religion of peace has never read the Koran.
Allah is extremely violent and tells his followers in the Koran that if someone is not Muslim, they are your enemy and if you cannot convert them, you must kill them.
Allah also spends a considerable amount of time accusing people, cultures, and other religions.
The Bible (Written b4 the Koran) speaks about a man who will come and accuse nations and religions. He is Lucifer in human form. The Bible calls Satan "The accuser" All throughout the Bible Satan is accusing people.
All throughout the Koran Allah is accusing people.

For the record BTW, I have read The Bible, Koran, and Torah all in entirety.
All nutty talk: the Bible, Koran and Torah. If Charles Manson had a few centuries and a few billion followers, he'd be called a prophet too.

It still doesn't change the fact that his ideas are completely nutty.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
 
640 posts, read 691,784 times
Reputation: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
All nutty talk: the Bible, Koran and Torah. If Charles Manson had a few centuries and a few billion followers, he'd be called a prophet too.

It still doesn't change the fact that his ideas are completely nutty.
Proof that you haven't both The Bible and The Koran.

I think very few people have, and that's not a good thing.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Scotland
431 posts, read 343,539 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Proof that you haven't both The Bible and The Koran.

I think very few people have, and that's not a good thing.
I have read all of them. And it takes a good reading to really appreciate what utter tosh it all is.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
 
640 posts, read 691,784 times
Reputation: 582
The real problem with Islam is it is NOT a religion of peace.
People who say Islam is about peace are either...

1. Unaware of the true doctrines of Islam and have not spent a considerable amount of time studying the Koran.
2. Liars


The sad/scary part about the Muslim faith is that the realest, most true Muslims who follow Allahs words and the Korans teachings the closest are in fact the extremists...

The ones bombing people, shooting, and stabbing people while accusing others of being intolerant of them and that's why they must do so. The ones who have a mentality of "Either you are a Muslim like me or you are the enemy and I must destroy you." are the ones most closely following the teachings of the Koran and what Allah stated in that book what Muslims must do.

The fake Muslims are not extremists. They are the ones saying "why can't we all just get along". They are the tolerant ones.

I know it sounds backwards, and it's messed up, but it's true.

The "extremists" who are steady plotting ways to blow up buildings and kill innocent children, and are accusing others of being evil in order to indoctrinate and manipulate young impressionable minds are doing so because Allah states thats what being a real Muslim is all about.


If you think I'm crazy or wrong, just read your Koran, it's not hard to do. I've personally read it 3 times all the way thru. I've also read the Bible which was written before the Koran.

The old testament actually warns people about faiths like Islam, and false prophets like Allah, multiple times. The Bible actually gives a detailed description of Satan in a human form who will start and be a God in a false religion that will be immensely popular and the similarities are downright scary once you have also read the Koran and the words of Allah himself.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Scotland
431 posts, read 343,539 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
The real problem with Islam is it is NOT a religion of peace.
People who say Islam is about peace are either...

1. Unaware of the true doctrines of Islam and have not spent a considerable amount of time studying the Koran.
2. Liars


The sad/scary part about the Muslim faith is that the realest, most true Muslims who follow Allahs words and the Korans teachings the closest are in fact the extremists...

The ones bombing people, shooting, and stabbing people while accusing others of being intolerant of them and that's why they must do so. The ones who have a mentality of "Either you are a Muslim like me or you are the enemy and I must destroy you." are the ones most closely following the teachings of the Koran and what Allah stated in that book what Muslims must do.

The fake Muslims are not extremists. They are the ones saying "why can't we all just get along". They are the tolerant ones.

I know it sounds backwards, and it's messed up, but it's true.

The "extremists" who are steady plotting ways to blow up buildings and kill innocent children, and are accusing others of being evil in order to indoctrinate and manipulate young impressionable minds are doing so because Allah states thats what being a real Muslim is all about.


If you think I'm crazy or wrong, just read your Koran, it's not hard to do. I've personally read it 3 times all the way thru. I've also read the Bible which was written before the Koran.

The old testament actually warns people about faiths like Islam, and false prophets like Allah, multiple times. The Bible actually gives a detailed description of Satan in a human form who will start and be a God in a false religion that will be immensely popular and the similarities are downright scary once you have also read the Koran and the words of Allah himself.
I don't disagree that Islam is no religion of peace, but don't present Christianity as a positive counterpoint to its craziness.

The entire arc of Abrahamic faith is based on primitive, irrational, base-of-the-brainstem ignorance. In fact, the only thing that separates Christian society from Muslim society is that most Christian cultures have absorbed the secular brilliance of the Enlightenment, where Muslim cultures are still firmly rooted in the year 800.

That's not to say there aren't a few Christian holdouts ignorant enough to somehow believe that a pair of every living species was once boarded on a boat and crashed onto Mt. Ararat. But at least there aren't many of them willing to blow people up for not believing such crap.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
 
640 posts, read 691,784 times
Reputation: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
I don't disagree that Islam is no religion of peace, but don't present Christianity as a positive counterpoint to its craziness.

The entire arc of Abrahamic faith is based on primitive, irrational, base-of-the-brainstem ignorance. In fact, the only thing that separates Christian society from Muslim society is that most Christian cultures have absorbed the secular brilliance of the Enlightenment, where Muslim cultures are still firmly rooted in the year 800.

That's not to say there aren't a few Christian holdouts ignorant enough to somehow believe that a pair of every living species was once boarded on a boat and crashed onto Mt. Ararat. But at least there aren't many of them willing to blow people up for not believing such crap.
I never said Christianity is great or all that.
What I am stating however is that Muslims kill innocent people to get a point across because thats what Allah commands them to do in the Koran in order to be real Muslims.
There not stuck in the year 800, violence and conflict is what there religion is all about in it's purest form in any year or age.

The Bible also has prophecies about religions of the sort and how there followers will think they are following God but in reality are worshipers and followers of Satan doing his work.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Somewhere East of Laramie
29,678 posts, read 18,957,936 times
Reputation: 12698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I love it when people start these kinds of thread. Gives me a chance to post this:
Do you have a picture of "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland saying it's everything you need to know about Christianity?
 
Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Illinois
2,418 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 336
Default every discipline has it's definitions........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandurabox View Post
We need Peace for Entire World.Our Religion ISLAM means PEACE.We Need Peace For All....
CAN WE agree ON PEACE............how it is actually spelled and what is actually means....I think the Russians had a certain idea of peace............we are not talking about Peace in the Valley....where the LION lays down with the Bear. We are talking about a peace that happens after an Army destroys an entire country and takes the citizens into bondage. If you say you are in a religion of Peace , fine. If you live in the U.S. enjoy Freedom. My religion is a religion of Freedom. And protecting Freedom yields Peace, the way I define it. And trying to extend that freedom to those who want it. It is not perfect or beautiful sometimes . But like childbirth it can be painful and dangerous, but when successful it leads to Joy, and a long list of painful and dangerous opportunities. THAT LEAD TO JOY, a joy that comes from defending FREEDOM and not bondage.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Illinois
2,418 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 336
Default The U.S. Marines were formed by T.Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29
AND When Tribute was demanded the U.S. Marines were sent. Brush up on the facts and you will fell better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top