Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 PM

45,188 posts, read 26,403,967 times

Advertisements

I like how Obama continually and conveniently ignores the fact that he was a member of congress prior to his presidency.
What changes did he ever try to effect?
He was then and is much more now,part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He's stating the truth. The right (just look at this forum) are the ones playing the blame game against him for not doing enough. If he went up for stronger regulations against big oil, the right would not support it.
No one is blaming him for the explosion, just his incompetent response to the aftermath. 52 days of proven incompetence.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
This Gulf Oil gush is a complete and total disaster...and I could just chew him up and spit him out for not getting ships in here to suck this crap up!...and get what is available and offered out there to clean and protect those precious animals....birds....beautiful pelicans and marine life...coral...sponges...giant sea turtles...starfish...dolphins...crabs...lobsters.. .baby birds...shrimp...pure white sand...blue-green water......our future...our lives...everything hangs in the balance...and that's just the way he wants it...so we'll beg for big government to come in an "make everything right"...oh God......I just can't bear it.......
Well, if he can use this disaster to further his agenda items, like banning oil drilling, raising more taxes and passing his version of a cap & tax program, then a few sacrifices have to be made.

The meaning behind Rahm's words below, are really becoming clear now.

YouTube - Rahm Emanuel on the Opportunities of Crisis

Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,461,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest68 View Post
he's stating the truth. The right (just look at this forum) are the ones playing the blame game against him for not doing enough. If he went up for stronger regulations against big oil, the right would not support it.
qft

Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Hey we could get a new game show, CALLED OBAMA BLAME AND CONSEQUENCES!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I like how Obama continually and conveniently ignores the fact that he was a member of congress prior to his presidency.
What changes did he ever try to effect?
He was then and is much more now,part of the problem.
He was in the senate, and he voted for every spending bill, every bailout and he not only voted for TARP his Treasury Sec played a major roll in writing it. Sometimes I think he wants us to believe he was living on Mars before he was sworn in as president.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He was in the senate, and he voted for every spending bill, every bailout and he not only voted for TARP his Treasury Sec played a major roll in writing it. Sometimes I think he wants us to believe he was living on Mars before he was sworn in as president.
Keep blaming Bush and the Republicans to get consensus thought.
Then everyone will forget.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
This guy is a total loser. I've stepped up my rhetoric against him because he is completely caught up in the Credibility Trap. He has NO credibility whatsoever. Therefore, the President is no longer relevant to me. I can only take so much finger pointing from people I encounter in my daily course of life, much less from someone who's supposed to be the "leader" of the Free World.

Barack Obama is a loser. Period. I'm embarrassed for the people who voted for him. I really am.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:13 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Now didn't he just get done lecturing high school students on this very same behaviour
Yup, in kalamazoo.
Making this latest whine-fest all the more pathetic.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
AND the Tea Party people - don't forget them.

This man-child has no shame. What a petty, petulant, vindictive, immature piece of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies