Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 09:15 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Advertisements

Hard liberals and hardcore Trumpers are always screaming at each other on here (I'm guilty of that myself).

Just curious as to how the folks in the middle feel about Trump, as they are often drowned out by folks on opposite sides of each other yelling back and forth.

Good job thus far? Okay? Bad job? Anything you feel he's done well? some things he got wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 09:28 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
He's a blowhard narcissist.
who beat an evil evil person.

Reason enough to disband the existing parties. Trump vs Clinton is like being asked would you rather be boiled in oil or flayed.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 AM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Hard liberals and hardcore Trumpers are always screaming at each other on here (I'm guilty of that myself).

Just curious as to how the folks in the middle feel about Trump, as they are often drowned out by folks on opposite sides of each other yelling back and forth.

Good job thus far? Okay? Bad job? Anything you feel he's done well? some things he got wrong?
I always thought of myself as a principled conservative/Republican. Although I voted for Trump, I now realized (after being on this forum for 2 years or so) I am actually a moderate Republican.

This said, I think he did an okay job so far.

The ME trip was a success, the European trip, not so much.

The relationship between U.S. and China improved in my opinion and I think it is a good thing.

Effort and sense of urgency to ensure that he follows through with his campaign promises- I would give him a B+

He is very prompt and I believe the press is overly rabid about managerial type discrepancies. They have made a living and a habit of publishing Trump stories.

Communication (Staff, Congressional Members, Judicial, Fed Agencies, press and to US Citizens. I would give him a C-

International Statesmanship, I would give him a C

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

All these said,
I think the answer is a little more complex. Some of the basic policies Trump is endorsing are not unreasonable. The problem is that there are TWO dimensions to the office of President. One is the policies. Two is the personality and leadership qualities of the individual.

On the level of policies, I would give Trump an A, on the level of personality and leadership qualities, I would give Trump a C-

Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Pretty decent job but I do wish the extremist left would get off his ass so he could focus on his agenda and he needs to start ignoring them and get his message out there.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:33 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
As an independent who leans left, I think he is unfit for the job of POTUS. He's trying to run the country like one of his businesses but it just doesn't work that way. He's going to end up hurting a lot of people. It's going to take years to undo the damage he's causing after his four years are up.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:35 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Pretty decent job but I do wish the extremist left would get off his ass so he could focus on his agenda and he needs to start ignoring them and get his message out there.
Kind of like when we wished the extremist right would have gotten off Obama's ass so he could focus on his agenda. You get back what you give.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
If the election were held today I predict that Trump would win by even wider margin.

The constant daily bleating of the extremist left, as demonstrated here daily at CD, has continued to alienate what's left of the Democrat party from mainstream America. It was highlighted this week by the backlash against Kathy Griffin. The left has lost all perspective, relevance, and even common sense.

I highly recommend that you Trump haters keep it up.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:39 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Kind of like when we wished the extremist right would have gotten off Obama's ass so he could focus on his agenda. You get back what you give.
LOL. I don't think so. The Democrat party was destroyed under Obama.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Pretty much what I expected from him, screwing things up one after the other, I had hoped he would prove me wrong when in fact he turned out to be is worse than I had considered.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. I don't think so. The Democrat party was destroyed under Obama.
Then stop whining about them all the time. Seems like it is now the turn of the GOP to be destroyed under an even more inept President. Neither Party is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies