Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 01:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
As I recall, most of those things didn't happen in the US. And how did those people GET here? We LET them in. That's what America's problem is--open borders. We need to stop international travel, in or out of the country.

Actually I listed 10 things in my post, and 5 of them happened here. You know what Islam says? Loyalty to your Muslim brothers before any nation. What does that mean? An attack on one Muslim country, to them, is an attack on all. It's in their holy book that Muslims should first be loyal to each other, before their country what does that mean to you?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually I listed 10 things in my post, and 5 of them happened here. You know what Islam says? Loyalty to your Muslim brothers before any nation. What does that mean? An attack on one Muslim country, to them, is an attack on all. It's in their holy book that Muslims should first be loyal to each other, before their country what does that mean to you?
Are you an American before a fighter for God?

Trust me, I hate Islam BUT how many Christians would happily stand up and say they put America before the all so mighty God?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
Ephesians 6:12

Old 06-14-2010, 01:29 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Seems like a lot of liberals here are in denial or don't get what I've said. None of you realize that there's been a concerted attack on Christianity across the West perpetrated by the Muslims? Sure it's not so bad here, but look at Europe, they are succumbing to Islam like cancer to a patient. And those same liberals, like many of you posters on this forum, dare not attack Islam being institutionalized in those countries. And I stand by my claim, many liberals love to take down Christianity and Christians, but dare not do it to Muslims because Muslims will KILL them. seems like liberals do have this weird obsession with dhimmitude don't they? You know in the UK, a so-called free nation, has allowed Sharia Law courts to open up, bypassing English Common Law? And you call us Christians the haters and grasping at straws? I hope you like being dhimmis!
So then you just "don't get" this do you? I mean this sounds like a pretty scathing indictment of Islam to me and I don't think the guy could be any more clear.

YouTube - Video response to Osama

Now you start out with "Why do liberals hate Christianity but love Islam", yet if I were to show you just one Liberal who didn't hate Christianity then this statement would be false.

However since I think you are eluding to generalities, I understand what you are trying to suggest. However you then shift the discussion to Europe's issues with the integration of Muslims into their countries, in which case I have to wonder what that has to do with American liberals hating Christians.

Now you suggest there has been a concerted attack on Christians by Muslims and I have to wonder what the average date farmer in Iraq might think as he watches US war planes flying overhead, US tanks and infantry vehicles driving down Main street in Baghdad. Do you think from his point of view that Islam is a great threat to Christians than Christianity is a threat to Islam?

I suspect ones view is at least in part determined by where you stand.

I would enjoy hearing more on how Sharia law is being adopted in the UK however, as this is a new one on me.

Now my personal views towards religion are probably pretty harsh, and this includes ALL religions, however I do find it ironic that the United States is more religiously oriented now than it ever has before, yet it feels as though it is under this great threat. In the United States there very well may small enclaves of Muslims and probably even a few radical ones, but on a daily basis I see nothing but Christians. So where I live, what has the greater chance of occurring, A Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolf type nut-job harming me from their bomb for an abortion clinic going off prematurely or some radical Muslim named Haji? Again, it depends on where one stands to what views they may assume.

However there is one thing that Christianity, Islam and Judaism all share in common and that is the use of fear to justify less than noble acts.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ephesians 6:12
Surah 9 verse 29

Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Muslims ignore insults huh? I could go to great lengths to prove your assertion wrong, but then again that would be assuming that you never noticed the cataclysm that was September 11, 2001.
You would have to go to very great lengths indeed to prove me wrong, listing anecdotal events in which a billion Muslims, 19 at a time, did something to get our attention.

If there were a million such attacks, each involving 19 Muslims, that would still account for only 1.5% percent of all Muslims.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM

694 posts, read 745,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I hate religion in general. God is love. Religion is the root of all evil. Believe in God over the people.
Generally you are correct. Religion can have nothing to do with God. But, you have to have a structure to your beliefs or anyone with a "LOVE" agenda can come in and destroy what you have little by little.

Charles

Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 PM

10 posts, read 8,196 times
I've noticed that too.

Proves that liberals aren't so "tolerant" as they think they are.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM

694 posts, read 745,124 times
Quote:
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
Some libs - and I certainly believe NOT the majority - hate the USA so much that they will and do attack and undermine everything for which she stands. Since Christianity is a large part of the USA is now and in the past, they attack it also.

Here's the funny thing! From political point of view, it doesn't make any sense to me either. Two great strides that the libs like are Gay rights and Women's rights, both of which are either banned or greatly restricted under Islam.

I support Women's rights, but Gay right are not necessary because they already have - as far as I know - all the rights as everyone else. Marriage is privilidge, not a right.

Charles

Last edited by cpsTN; 06-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh dear, you never did look up the word "force" in the dictionary like I suggested in the other thread......don't you want to be informed????

I never said anyone forced anything on me...so add to your long list of lies....you'll have quite a reputation.
Quote:
"But "under gawd/dog " is in the pledge that repugs demand school kids say"
WRONG!!! they are not forced to it is OPTIONAL!!!

Quote:
there's a senate chaplain. prayers, and every damn politician feels the need to end every sentence wit ""Gawd/dog Bless America"
Again they are not forced to it is OPTIONAL!!!

Quote:
Got that right....and I'll make sure of it by fighting anyone who implies this is a christian country.
Wow you really are thick in the head. For the 3rd time I never said or even implied that it was a Christian nation. That is all in your head.

NO ONE is this country is having any religion shoved down their throats, if they chose not to follow that is fine. Your accusations are incorrect and baseless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies