Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times

Advertisements

Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me

Old 06-13-2010, 10:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
I hate Islam. I think it is the most sick and cancerous backward religion ever.

If I could stop Islamic immigration in the USA, I sure would.

What do you have to say now? Don't assume all liberals hate Christianity but love Islam. I know other liberals who feel the same about Islam. And in case you don't know, SOME LIBERALS ARE CHRISTIAN TOO.

Got it? Good.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:20 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
We don't hate either.

Some conservative Christians hate Islam though. Remember the Rep. from VA who said after Keith Ellison's election to congress that "many more" Muslims would be elected to congress?

And if Conservatives aren't hand and hand with Christianity, why does it matter? I thought you guys were saying your movement was multi-cultural.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Easy: No matter what many liberals say, America is founded on Christian principles. As such, Christianity is front and center no matter where they go, no matter what they see, no matter what they do. Islam is not. Instead of embracing it, they choose to defile it. It makes no sense to defile Islam. They're not worried about Allah. What they ARE (secretly) worried about is Jesus and his proclamation that he will return to reclaim those that have believed in him. So, rather than believe in him, they defile him. What better way to show your allegiance to "Freedom of Religion" than to openly claim that you have none? Going out in a blaze of glory is appealing to those types. The last laugh will be on them.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 06-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I hate Islam. I think it is the most sick and cancerous backward religion ever.

If I could stop Islamic immigration in the USA, I sure would.

What do you have to say now? Don't assume all liberals hate Christianity but love Islam. I know other liberals who feel the same about Islam. And in case you don't know, SOME LIBERALS ARE CHRISTIAN TOO.

Got it? Good.
Keyword being some, most of you are not, that or, the anti-Christian wing of the left is extremely loud and vocal about their hatred. Why don't you speak up about the Muslim-bias that the left harbors?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Muslims don't have the political power that Christians do. So for the time being, Fundamentalist Christians are the biggest threat to secularism and progress in America. Muslims aren't the ones who try to speak for everyone on the money and in the Pledge, nor do they yet have the power. So as far as I'm concerned, if they want foot baths, they can have foot baths. It's a trite convenience based on their religious rules. It is neither a literal nor symbolical assertion of their beliefs. If however a division of the Muslim population wanted us all to adhere to Islamic law, I'd rightly tell them to sod off.

But as it stands there is a difference between "We want this trivial accommodation because it helps us adhere to our beliefs" and "We want to put our beliefs front and center because we think they should be the most important in this country". There is a wide gap of modesty between the two.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
I hate religion in general. God is love. Religion is the root of all evil. Believe in God over the people.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Easy: No matter what many liberals say, America is founded on Christian principles. As such, Christianity is front and center no matter where they go, no matter what they see, no matter what they do. Islam is not. Instead of embracing it, they choose to defile it. It makes no sense to defile Islam. They're not worried about Allah. What they ARE (secretly) worried about is Jesus and his proclamation that he will return to reclaim those that have believed in him. So, rather than believe in him, they defile him. What better way to show you're allegiance to "Freedom of Religion" than to openly claim that you have none? Going out in a blaze of glory is appealing to those types. The last laugh will be on them.
While not a liberal, I'm a middle of the road moderate type who is also an Atheist and I can assure you with absolute certainty that I'm not the least bit fearful of divine retribution. Neither have I ever felt the need to "defile" Christ or to attempt to stop or dissuade others from worshiping him.

If you take the time to get to know other Atheists and understand their point of view you will find that the vast majority are just like me. We're pretty much "live and let Live" as far as that's concerned. There's just a handful of bad apples that make the rest of us look bad just as some of the more radical members of the Christian right like Eric Rudolph make the fundamentalist set look bad.

Americans in general no matter what their beliefs need to get out of the bad habit of painting people with differing views with such broad strokes. If we could stop inventing lame excuses for fighting amongst ourselves we might find the mental clarity needed to figure out who's really screwing us.

Think about it. No matter who gets in office things just seem to get worse and I don't, so far, have any reason to believe that things are going to be any different in 2012 and there after. The same people that are getting over on us now will be getting over on us then if we don't wise up.

Last edited by Zekester; 06-13-2010 at 11:10 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,190,434 times
Your title is targeting liberals, yet atheism is the focus in your OP. Atheist and liberal are not exactly synonymous with each other. Atheists are 2-7% of the population. I'm an atheist and I disagree with Islam as much as Christianity. I will admit, I rather live in a majority Christian nation than a Muslim one. Muslim countries have very strict laws. Its illegal to be an atheist in Saudi Arabia.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
They don't. They treat them as equals. If you hate Islam and love Christianity, it would be hard for you to see it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies