Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I agree with everything that you said but the illogical part. My argument is that actions produce reactions. If a society and culture wants to lift itself up, by puttng others down, based upon race, they have set up a future consquence of those actions that will reverberate to transcend space and time. Like we are always told....life is not fair.

There are some camps, such a boot camps, where if someone in a group does something wrong, they will hold the whole group responsible. All of them will have to run an extra 5 miles or do an extra 100 push up because of the transgressions of a minority of the group. This way the group will exert pressue to keep its members in line. The problem for blacks is that historically good white folks had no incentive to keep bad white folks in check, when it came to abusing black folks. Maybe when the group is forced to suffer the consquence of white racism, they will be more diligent in keep white racist in check. If whites don't like being judged or prejuded as racist....you need to stamp out white racism.
And black racist behavior??? Is that OK???

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/116081...an_and_racist/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I agree with everything that you said but the illogical part. My argument is that actions produce reactions. If a society and culture wants to lift itself up, by puttng others down, based upon race, they have set up a future consquence of those actions that will reverberate to transcend space and time. Like we are always told....life is not fair.

There are some camps, such a boot camps, where if someone in a group does something wrong, they will hold the whole group responsible. All of them will have to run an extra 5 miles or do an extra 100 push up because of the transgressions of a minority of the group. This way the group will exert pressue to keep its members in line. The problem for blacks is that historically good white folks had no incentive to keep bad white folks in check, when it came to abusing black folks. Maybe when the group is forced to suffer the consquence of white racism, they will be more diligent in keep white racist in check. If whites don't like being judged or prejuded as racist....you need to stamp out white racism.
If whites don't like being judged or prejudged as racist...you need to stamp out white racism.

You are attempting to hold a group of people to an impossible standard.

It's like saying if apples don't like being judged or prejudged as sour....then every apple in the world must always be sweet. One sour apple, then all apples deserve to be labeled as sour.

It's an impossible standard.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:01 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If whites don't like being judged or prejudged as racist...you need to stamp out white racism.

You are attempting to hold a group of people to an impossible standard.

It's like saying if apples don't like being judged or prejudged as sour....then every apple in the world must always be sweet. One sour apple, then all apples deserve to be labeled as sour.

It's an impossible standard.
No...its like saying that if American car producers don't like their products being seen as having less quality and dependability, when they have makes and models which are very good, then the American Auto industry needs to ensure that it stops producing bad quality makes and models that are ruining the reputaton of the Image of American cars in general. Fair or unfair....bad apples in a bunch can ruin the reputation for the whole bunch...even though the whole bunch is not bad. Why take the risk?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Black racist behavior is not and never ok morally...but it has never oppressed white people.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/14471850-post74.html

Those were comments from that same N.A.A.C.P thread that you noted. I never said t hat I agreed with their conclusions. I just noted how and why that black groups often come to such conclusions.
Quote:
When Bill Clinton made some reference in the primaries about then candidates Obama’s performance in South Carolina being juxtaposed with Jesse Jackson, many blacks attacked that as racist.
I could not have disagreed more. Yet, I understood where it was coming from. Everything happens for a reason. Many attacks on President Obama, from the right, are often seen as racist. Again, I don’t agree that most of it is, although I do believe a lot of it is, but less than most black people believe. Why do I believe that? The reason being is that the Right vehemently attacked the Clintons and vehemently attacked liberals in general. Thus, the fact that there is vehement opposition to Obama is not unique, when coming from the right.

I am pointing all this out to say that I don’t always fall on the side that people like Gallio presupposes. I have been almost run of some black forums for taking opposite opinions. I supported Hilary Clinton in the primaries and not Obama. The reason I provided for doing so got me labeled as a lover of white women and white folks on a particular black forum. I got treated on that forum the way many whites are treating me on this forum. It’s simply a matter of people not wanting to hear the truth. I seek to be LOGICAL, not emotional. I seek to EXPLAIN, not just OBSERVE. I seek to be principled, not a hypocrite. I seek to speak truth, not lies. I seek to watch the video, not the snap shot. People with emotion based arguments then get very ticked off, like Galio. He does not like me. A lot of people on this forum do not like me. There is not a single person on this forum that I can say has generated such emotions from me. I don’t know anyone on this forum personally so how can I like or dislike them. Galio is uncomfortable of the praise bestowed upon me by another. Why? It’s because Galio wants to believe that he knows and understands black people better than I do and he wants to believe that its black people like ME, that is the problem. Everything would be just fine if people like I.S would simply crawl under a rock. People say that I am a person of hate, but do you know why? It’s simply because they HATE to hear the truth.
Yes, and this type of attitude has to change, This is what pizzes white people off, Blacks being so thin skinned that no one can say anything without it being misconstrued.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveycrockettino View Post
This coming from a guy with "proudest cracker" as his status! Wow. I didn't realize this place had these kind of people.
It's a joke to get under certain peoples skin and I see it worked.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Yes, and this type of attitude has to change, This is what pizzes white people off, Blacks being so thin skinned that no one can say anything without it being misconstrued.
Yes...its all about making whites feel totally free and comfortable. Why should you be constrained by what HURTS us? Hearing "ouch" should not deter whites from saying and doing what they please. Besides, whites are the arbiter of what should and should not hurt....it's an inheritance and perk of white Privilege

Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
It's a joke to get under certain peoples skin and I see it worked.
Why would anyone even have the goal of "getting under certain peoples skin"? Are you "that" mean of a person? Wow...that certainly says a lot about the type of person you are.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 AM

[quote=AlGreen;14650565]
Quote:
well if you're not the descendant of a slave owner then it doesn't apply to you
Not according to Industrial servant.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
so the africans are probably also responsible for the ku klux klan, jim crow, the lynching of blacks, slaves being forbidden to read, etc....right?
Of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies