Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The thing is this. In the Western Hemisphere, including America, all nations have been seeing an increase in single parent families and out of wedlock births from 50 years ago. The rate or percentage of black single parent households and out of wedlock births has been multiple times higher than whites historically. What I mean by historically is every since such records were kept. The historical reason why the rates for blacks were higher is the treatment of black men in slavery and post slavery apartheid. That’s important to note, very important. Why? Let’s say that in 1950 that the rate of out of wedlock births was 10% for blacks and 2% for whites. Today, however, the rates have risen in both groups. Today, the rate is 70% for blacks and about 27% for whites. That would mean that the phenomenon has gotten 7 times worse for blacks, but it’s gotten over 13 times worse for whites. Hence, this is obviously not a trend endemic to black people. Rather, it’s a trend that impacts black people more because we started out, as a condition from oppression, have a larger percentage of homes broken and an already larger percentage of homes in poverty (the greatest group that manifest this phenomenon) as a consequence of slavery and apartheid.
The psychological chains of slavery will continue to plague you until you decide to set your self free. How many years are you going to carry the guilt of your ancestors emancipation. Continuing self imposed flogging only serves the purpose of providing a pacifier for your pseudo pain. I'm sure your ancestors would be proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 12:28 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The point is that it is a very rare photo that shows two little boys who were not considered human beings by the laws of our country at the time this photo was taken. Who were they? What were their lives like? What became of them?

I dunno, to some of us, the idea that children could be taken from their parents and sold like farm animals DOES document the abusive treatment of slave children.
And this photograph is somehow a revelation to you? That's what I don't get.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
The psychological chains of slavery will continue to plague you until you decide to set your self free. How many years are you going to carry the guilt of your ancestors emancipation. Continuing self imposed flogging only serves the purpose of providing a pacifier for your pseudo pain. I'm sure your ancestors would be proud.
When you stop using English as your official language (its the language of those who colonized America centuries ago), stop referencing a document created over 200 years ago (the constitution), stop practicing religion which originated thousands of years ago...I will stop being influenced by my past as well. In other words...you show me yours and I will show you mine.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I know what you mean. However, you don't have to go back to the era of slavery to see images like this. You can find such images of early and mid 20th century blacks in the South that were just as pitiful.
You can find them of whites too.

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/minres/bmr/historicalminingreports/historicalpictures/images/101aAnthracite%20breaker%20boys-mono.jpg (broken link)

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS249US24 9&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=breaker+boys&btnG=Search&aq= f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

While the comparison to slaves is not completely accurate as a practical matter they might as well have been. These would be the children of poor white immigrants. The mine owners would pay the miners just enough to keep them permanently in debt. They would own the house, store and all the land. The food prices and rental fees would be kept just above what they were being paid. While they could leave if they wanted... really no where for them to go.

Many of these kids would often end up maimed or killed in mine accidents. If they didn't die from an accident the black lung would certainly get them. I believe most were lucky to live past 30.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You can find them of whites too.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS249US24 9&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=breaker+boys&btnG=Search&aq= f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

While the comparison to slaves is not completely accurate as a practical matter they might as well have been. These would be the children of poor white immigrants. The mine owners would pay the miners just enough to keep them permanently in debt. They would own the house, store and all the land. The food prices and rental fees would be kept just above what they were being paid. While they could leave if they wanted... really no where for them to go.

Many of these kids would often end up maimed or killed in mine accidents. If they didn't die from an accident the black lung would certainly get them. I believe most were lucky to live past 30.
I don't really think you want to play this little game.

Whites HAVE NOT had the same experience of BLACKS. STop trying to make that argument. Note the CHILDREN looking on in some of these photos.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:47 PM

531 posts, read 338,081 times
Yo u got serious problems. Go help some black people if you wanna be such an activist. It all starts with u my brotha

Old 06-14-2010, 12:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Old 06-14-2010, 12:50 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,048 times
And the point of this victim thread is what?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
And the point of this victim thread is what?

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it, and sometimes a picture is worth a thousands words.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:57 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
the image is very haunting and heartbreaking.

It is very sad to think that some americans (even today) are content with the idea that it
Quote:
is
"just" (and even a christian duty) for one human being to own another.
was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies