Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM

694 posts, read 745,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
She ought to get a real teaching job at a real school anyway. Why would any real teacher want to teach kids things like:

Obama is the Anti Christ
The World was blinked into existence 6000 years ago
The World is flat
Hate anybody of any other religion. They are all going to Hell.

She ought to be glad they fired her. Being fired from a religious nutcase employer would be a plus on any resume!
I AM a Christian and I am not taught that the world is flat or that the world is only x years old or the anyone is the anti-Christ or that I am supposed to hate those who are not like me. Judging by your post, I would say that you think EVERYONE who is religious is a nutcase. Why believe in anything beyond yourself you might say.

But none of that is the case. If she was aware of what the rules were, then it can be claimed that she broke them or not. From a Christian point of view, it was not appropriate (in my opinion) to fire her anyway. I would say the Christain point of view was NOT what her employer had in mind, however.

Charles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I don't know if there is a union at her school. I do know that florida is a right to work state so it probably doesn't matter.

Look at how this woman's rights are basically invaded. imaging if it was a public school in a conservative area. the same thing can easily happen.

Read the whole article before you conservatives rant about how unions are all that is soulless and wrong.

Teacher fired for premarital sex - TODAY People
Workers have been brainwashed to think all unions are The Teamsters, and that they're faintly illegal. But it's our right as Americans to organize, no big union is necessary (any two employees can organize), and there are plenty of small unions if your group wants to join one.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:59 PM

694 posts, read 745,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Perhaps because there are many people in this country who want their very own Christian version of Sharia law?
And they want their ideas of right and wrong extended well past the doors of their local churches, parochial schools and homes and for some odd reason, well into other peoples' bedrooms.
Unfortunately, you are correct. A true Christian does not, or should not, want this intrusion. Unlike Islam, with Christianity you have the free will you follow the rules or not.

Charles

Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Bet you wouldn't be singing the same tune if it was a Muslim and an Islamic school now would you my dear silly dhimmi
You are right. I would not be singing the sex tune if it was a Muslim school. I would be much more concerned with the curriculum there. Things such as Bomb Making 101, Suicide Bomber 201 and Women Enslavement 301 really bother me.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yep. Religion triumphs unions any day. That doesn't mean unions are necessary today. Unions are largely obsolete.

This woman has learned a lesson - keep the personal stuff to yourself.
Hopefully religion is too.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Will be waiting for you to provide proof of that.

Yeah telling or thinking children should wait to have sex is so nutty. I mean the opposite is great..
No I think that telling people things like sex is dirty, breast are dirty, masturbation will make you go blind, God blinked the world into being 6000 years ago and I could go on but people see religious wackos for what they are. Nobody is teaching children to have sex. As far as waiting, most of the folks teaching it didn't wait themselves. If they did not experience sex with somebody else before they were married- and most of them probably did- they at least fantasized and used their hands which is a SIN too.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
In Christian schools in my area you don't have to have state certification, so she may not have been able to get a public school job.
While I agree this is not the school's business, I say let the courts hammer it out.
I agree with whoever said unions are only good for getting big salaries and cementing power.
Oh, and I don't believe there's ANY part of Florida that's "southern". At least we in the south don't really consider FL "in the South".
Are you kidding me? Anything above Orlando is "the south" in Florida. No different in many ways than LA (Lower Alabama). Only south Florida is enlightened and that is primarily because most of the people there are not from the south and never picked up bad beliefs.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
do you mean INTER racial????

yes folks southern edumication at its best
Same thing

Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I AM a Christian and I am not taught that the world is flat or that the world is only x years old or the anyone is the anti-Christ or that I am supposed to hate those who are not like me. Judging by your post, I would say that you think EVERYONE who is religious is a nutcase. Why believe in anything beyond yourself you might say.

But none of that is the case. If she was aware of what the rules were, then it can be claimed that she broke them or not. From a Christian point of view, it was not appropriate (in my opinion) to fire her anyway. I would say the Christain point of view was NOT what her employer had in mind, however.

Charles
As a Christian you can rest assured that many "Christians" are not Christian in any way. They live too much in the Old Testament of the Bible. Like my old bumper sticker says "I Love Jesus But Not His Fan Club".

Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
This sounds like she refused to have sex with one of the "leaders" in this school and firing her was simple revenge. Even petty tyrants are still tyrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies