Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:05 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,738,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
****This Just IN****

It has been found out that Ferd works yet he is not a dues paying member to the SEIU!

EGADS!

How dare Ferd work! Don't tell me he is a member of the much inferior Teamsters!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 AM

20,450 posts, read 12,363,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
How dare Ferd work! Don't tell me he is a member of the much inferior Teamsters!!!
I am worse than Rand Paul!

I work without any connection to ANY Union!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,055,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am worse than Rand Paul!

I work without any connection to ANY Union!
I'm even worse, I work without any connection to any employer..

Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,126,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're the one lying. Spouting off lies like they are facts. Next time check your sources before you falsely accuse someone.
You already linked to one story which lied about Rand not addressing the the issue. Keep trying. Do you actually think people are that dumb that they believe your posts when you continually play with the truth?

Formed in 1997 not 1987 try again.

lmao The Courier Journal is a hack rag and has been lying about Rand Paul for quite some time. If you had followed his campaign, instead of knee jerked it, you would have known this.

Before 1992, ABO certification had no expiration. After that, it started issuing certifications that lasted 10 years, but ophthalmologists certified before 1992 were grandfathered in, meaning they didn't have to be recertified.
Neither group has anything to do with medical licensure, which is handled by state boards.

Paul shrugged off his group's lack of recognition by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
"Do you think that they're going to recognize a competitor?" he said.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out someone who has been certified is up to date on the latest technology AND if the board was interested in the welfare of their clients they would certify all not just newer ophthalmologists. What does that say about you, that you would rather have an ophthalmologist that hasn't been certified over someone who has? Your agenda filled posts are nothing short of absurd.
What are you, his mother? It's not my fault Rand Paul is a lying, self-serving, manipulative creep.

As for the Courier-Journal, it's won 10 Pulitzer Prizes. You can call it a rag all you like, just as you can call Rand Paul a responsible trustworthy doctor-politician, but your opinion goes against consensus.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,441,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What are you, his mother? It's not my fault Rand Paul is a lying, self-serving, manipulative creep.

As for the Courier-Journal, it's won 10 Pulitzer Prizes. You can call it a rag all you like, just as you can call Rand Paul a responsible trustworthy doctor-politician, but your opinion goes against consensus.
Since we are speaking about doctors and certification, who certified you as the CD Spin Doctor?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:

I'm starting to wonder if its Rand Paul lying, or other posters who claim that Paul claimed to be certified by the AMA.. Again, WHERE is the quote of him saying it?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
More lies, try again.
He said he was certified.
This is in at least one other post but you dont seem to have read through the thread.

"In an interview with The Courier-Journal shortly before the May 18 Republican primary, which he won, Paul said he was certified by both ophthalmological boards."

Rand Paul's ophthalmology certification not recognized by national clearinghouse | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Their interview with him is on video at that above page, in the right column.

P.S. You all seem to be talking about the American Medical Association. The real ophthomologists' board is the American Board of Ophthalmology. Rand's operation that he started in his basement, with his wife as VP, he calls the National Board of Ophthalmology.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm starting to wonder if its Rand Paul lying, or other posters who claim that Paul claimed to be certified by the AMA.. Again, WHERE is the quote of him saying it?
Not the AMA... see above.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Since we are speaking about doctors and certification, who certified you as the CD Spin Doctor?
Guess you're another one who doesnt like newspapers that report things you don't like to know. Big fan of the old free speech, until you're not.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Guess you're another one who doesnt like newspapers that report things you don't like to know. Big fan of the old free speech, until you're not.
1) Is he licensed to practice in his profession? If so, whats the point of the thread and why should I care about his certification?
2) Does he need to be certified?
3) Guess you dont like the fact that he started an organization in which he is certified.. Guess your a supporter of the free markets, until your not..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies