Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,846,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Thats nice. I lived with my parents while in college...

As for what planet? well this one because that is where I live. $100 bucks because that is what I charge. The good news is it will be soaking up CO2 for your entire lifetime.
I think I'll save my money and find another reputable company that doesn't try and rip you off. Or better yet do it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh I don't hate the planet, I love the planet. I just have some common sense not to spend 100 dollars for someone to plant a tree that I wouldn't even know if it was planted or not. I would much rather see some sustainable logging practices put into place, what about you? (Or are you the one who hates the planet?)
How do you know ANY sustainable/green/planet saving action happens???

Why do you value money more than a tree?

Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How do you know ANY sustainable/green/planet saving action happens???

Why do you value money more than a tree?

I value common sense. Spending 100 dollars for someone to plant a tree who doesn't have any background in this supposed business is not common sense. How do I know any of it happens? Well for one you see it if you can look. Two, companies that have been doing it for a while and have a reputation don't have a reputation just for the hell of it, they have that reputation because they produce results that people can track.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Quote:
I value common sense. Spending 100 dollars for someone to plant a tree who doesn't have any background in this supposed business is not common sense. How do I know any of it happens? Well for one you see it if you can look. Two, companies that have been doing it for a while and have a reputation don't have a reputation just for the hell of it, they have that reputation because they produce results that people can track.
What company has a good reputation for saving trees for money?

Okay,how about this,if people don't send me money,I will cut the trees down....

Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 PM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
I think I'll save my money and find another reputable company that doesn't try and rip you off. Or better yet do it myself.
fine by me.

I am here on C-D if you want a tree planted let me know I can take paypall!

LOL!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I suspect I have more "experience in this sort of thing" Planting trees... than jost of those companies in the idiotic carbon credit thing have.

I grew up in the piny woods. plus I now live in the big city and have planted several trees at my house! LOLOLOLOL!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What company has a good reputation for saving trees for money? When did I say there was a company out there that has a reputation of saving trees for money? Hmmm, You can just quote one of my posts where I said that if you want.

Okay,how about this,if people don't send me money,I will cut the trees down.... Lets see how well this works: Okay, how about this, if people don't send me money, I'm gonna start kicking babies, paypal is fine (or do you not care about babies?)

Old 06-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I suspect I have more "experience in this sort of thing" Planting trees... than jost of those companies in the idiotic carbon credit thing have.

I grew up in the piny woods. plus I now live in the big city and have planted several trees at my house! LOLOLOLOL!
Ooooh Congratulations. Because it is so difficult to plant a tree you convinced me to send you 100 dollars to do it. Oh wait *thinks for a second* can't you just put a tree in the ground cover it with earth and let it grow? Shoot I think I can handle that

Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
fine by me.

I am here on C-D if you want a tree planted let me know I can take paypall!

LOL!
I'm pretty sure I can manage. Plus there is an incentive to doing it myself, I get to keep 100 dollars .

Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I can manage. Plus there is an incentive to doing it myself, I get to keep 100 dollars .
...well dont go get a 3 inch calaper Shumard Red oak....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies