Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,901,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Offer to assist in clean up I see. Here's what you said earlier:

Why lie?
Thats not a lie.. Helping to clean up, is indeed helping to resolve the problem.. Or dont you think the lack of cleanup is causing ecological problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,181,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Offer to assist in clean up I see. Here's what you said earlier:

Why lie?
Helping with the cleanup is helping to resolve the problem. How is that a lie?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,735,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
17 Countries Offer Gulf Assistance, BP Accepts Only 2 Offers - Political Punch

Equipment and supplies ON HAND which would have helped. More help = less environmental damage..
See above. Nothing about resolving the issue (which can't be without an an end to the oil gushing out).

Quote:
Why would Obama communicate with the oil company to find out the oil companies plans so Obama could better co-ordinate how he can help...
You tell me. What exactly were your expectations from in-person meeting compared to one that can't be done without?

This sounds like another of your typical rants, taken from Rush Limbaugh and like, just like the other thread you started only to be quickly put in place.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,826,707 times
OMG, even Doberman, Matthews and Fineman are flabbergasted on the speech.

RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command"

But let us remember, the Sec of Energy has a Nobel Prize. The important stuff.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,154,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But Wapasha..it's all BP's fault therefore the action plan by this administration doesn't seem to apply
Well it is BP's fault, but even if they have more money than Davy Crockett, which they do, they are simply not equipped to deal with this massive and long term national disaster.

Where I will depart with many on the right is that to me this is the perfect situation to use National Guard troops, on behalf of a national emergency. I also believe should constitute a larger percentage of our armed forces in general. While Iraq gets new schools and water treatment plants, Americans get what may turn out to be our largest and most expensive disaster in our history.

When I see pictures today of a handful of small fishing boats and jon boats with guys leaning over the side with sponges and towels mopping oil out of endless miles of marshland, I can't help but think, Obama, 17,000 more National Guardsmen is good, but 100,000+ is what s needed and they just don't exist.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,160,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
13 countries offered US help with Oil Spill, but Obama administration turned them all down

Late Wednesday evening, the State Department emailed reporters identifying the 13 entities that had offered the U.S. oil spill assistance. They were the governments of Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United Nations.
From a blogger yet the only source he sites is this one ...do you really want Iran's help?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,826,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Brings this back to memory..

YouTube - Hillary Clinton 3 AM Campaign Ad
Why are we surprised?

MANY of us realized this guy had not a stitch of practical executive experience, not a bit of leadership chops......and it is painfully clear that our worst nightmares are coming true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
From a blogger yet the only source he sites is this one (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/DAH336324.htm - broken link) ...do you really want Iran's help?
Stop with the false arguments. Many, many nations have offered their material support, including the UK and Netherlands.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,650,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I counted..12 minutes into the speech and he was off on alternative clean energy and kept on that topic for the rest of the speech. It was more of a push for alternative energy than dealing with the current NOT STOPPED YET oil spill and the continued threat to the coasts of several states.
It certainly was, as expected. Worse than a waste of time.

I'm almost convinced that his inattention has been purposeful as the more this disaster grows, the greater its potential value (he thinks) as a tool to help accomplish what he truly does care about - the "Clean Energy and Security Act".

It is as though he already see himself as a one-term President and has a speech like LBJ's in March '68 on the drawing board.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,154,861 times
Quote:
From a blogger yet the only source he sites is this one (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/DAH336324.htm - broken link) ...do you really want Iran's help?
Absolutely, I mean we helped them after their earthquake and a little good will might do everyone some good. Besides, we need the help.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,181,828 times
Quote:
You really should read through the link before posting. From that link;

"Crowley said there was no Iranian offer of assistance".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies